Use 64GB+ USB drives with 8" Mylink Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but since I had such a hard time trying to get this to work, I wanted to share this here, for anyone who has questions about it or is trying to figure it out.

Yes, it does work well for storing and playing your music from a USB port on the Mylink Audio System!
I'm sure there are other brands of drives that will work just as well and that will even do video, but I haven't tested any of that.
*What I did find out was the drive needed to be formatted with the FAT32 file system.
*For anyone who doesn't know Windows limits drives to 32GB when using FAT32 file system
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Flash Drive - Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 (64GB) Flash Drive

Fomatting Software - "GUIformat" I downloaded for free from "Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd" website (That is who Sandisk recommended). This is the (very easy to use) Windows GUI version

My Windows version - Windows 10 (which wants to always format using NTFS file system).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**I have found that this SanDisk drive isn't rated above 95 degrees farenheit... yikes!

I did find that there are Samsung "Fit PLUS" drives that are rated for 185 degrees farenheit! They are also waterproof, Shockproof, Magnet-proof, and even X-Ray-proof. These are smaller and very cheap on Amazon.

I hope this helps!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all thumb drives are shockproof, magnet proof and xray proof lol someone just decided to brighten up there product description haha a thumb drive is entirely different from a spinning metal platter. but good info, what about unlocking the video in motion......

OP
OP
cmhorns

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well that's what Samsung site says and the fact that they rate them for 185 degrees is a bold claim if they aren't able to take that. Also, the smaller ones run cooler, which helps considering car interiors where I live can reach well over 130 degrees. They really aren't all made the same, there are some real junk ones out there with subpar pcbs, chips, and even bad soldering, which will definitely effect its shock absorption capabilities.

As far as video, aren't they all in motion?

Really though, the only thing I've read and heard about with enabling video in motion are those way over-priced "bypass modules". There's got to be a better way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts