2015 Tahoe Mylink issue since iOS14 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savaiusini

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? Ever since updating my iphone XS to the new iOS14, my phone's audio stops playing after 8-10 minutes. Only happens when connected to USB (which is all the time). Seems to affect all audio (music on the phone, streaming, even cuts out while on a phone call). Highly frustrating...

Bluetooth works just fine. USB still provides power to the phone, but I have to disconnect the cable every 8-10 minutes to re-establish USB audio connection.

I've tried all the usual stuff:
  • reset MyLink
  • delete and re-pair phone to system (Bluetooth)
  • checked all connections on the HMI module behind glove box
Took to dealer and they did install a new version of the HMI software which didn't help... I was basically told the phone is no longer compatible with the car's system.... Two year old phone in a 5.5 year old car?
I'm about ready to buy a new HMI module to get CarPlay and few other mods, but figured I would try here first to see if others are experiencing anything similar.

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? Ever since updating my iphone XS to the new iOS14, my phone's audio stops playing after 8-10 minutes. Only happens when connected to USB (which is all the time). Seems to affect all audio (music on the phone, streaming, even cuts out while on a phone call). Highly frustrating...

Bluetooth works just fine. USB still provides power to the phone, but I have to disconnect the cable every 8-10 minutes to re-establish USB audio connection.

I've tried all the usual stuff:
  • reset MyLink
  • delete and re-pair phone to system (Bluetooth)
  • checked all connections on the HMI module behind glove box
Took to dealer and they did install a new version of the HMI software which didn't help... I was basically told the phone is no longer compatible with the car's system.... Two year old phone in a 5.5 year old car?
I'm about ready to buy a new HMI module to get CarPlay and few other mods, but figured I would try here first to see if others are experiencing anything similar.

Have you tried this again using someone else's phone to see if you get different results ?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IOS has a small update to 14.0.1. Have you tried that. I do not have any issues on my 18 although I used it after the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

savaiusini

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Closing this chapter... Purchased a new HMI and Radio module from MVI and now I basically have 2017 guts in my dash...Carplay, etc. Install took me about 45 minutes and everything works perfectly, no system freezing, no glitches. Wish I would have done this upgrade a couple years ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt