USA Spec iPod adapter issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot but I thought I’d try. Yes I know this technology is severely obsolete now, but bear with me.

I recently installed the PA15-GM iPod adapter from USA Spec recently. It’s a pretty slick piece of kit for what it’s worth even these days. Install went fine, adapter worked great. Used it with my old iPod and even got an adapter to convert the old dock connector to a lightning port for my iPhone. Amazingly it still worked for my iPhone too. Even charged it.

Then today I get in the car after running some errands. I hadn’t used the adapter in a couple days, I just had the radio on XM playing the normal XM channels. Suddenly I have no audio and the radio appears to be frozen for XM. No text comes up, no channels come in, iPod connection doesn’t work anymore. FM works fine. Any ideas?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you get the I apple specific one? The USA Spec bluetooth, in my opinion, would have been a better option. It does everything Bluetooth, and provides a port for a usb high speed charger cable. It's what I have in my 2006 Esky, 2004 Envoy, and after much work, 2001 Pontiac Aztek. Great piece of kit.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, Apple has been known, that during updates, to block non certified modules. I don't know if the USASpec is certified, just making a mention of possible problems.

My brother had the same issues with the Scousch Apple adapter. We had to install a power interrupter to reset the radio, and it would start working again. It was having freeze ups daily.

OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you get the I apple specific one? The USA Spec bluetooth, in my opinion, would have been a better option. It does everything Bluetooth, and provides a port for a usb high speed charger cable. It's what I have in my 2006 Esky, 2004 Envoy, and after much work, 2001 Pontiac Aztek. Great piece of kit.

I got it super cheap. Also, I have basically the same one installed in my Ram truck and it works perfectly.

The strange thing is that the radio isn’t completely frozen, just not responding for the XM bands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt