Upper a arms on lowered TAHOE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to lower my Tahoe some more in the front and before I ran into alignment issues I wanted to change my upper arms since they are in need of changing. Does anyone know if the Moog CK80826 arms with the offset bushings are the same as installing the 4955 belltech bushings? If so it would be easier an cheaper to just buy the moog arms with new ball joints and offset bushings already installed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to lower my Tahoe some more in the front and before I ran into alignment issues I wanted to change my upper arms since they are in need of changing. Does anyone know if the Moog CK80826 arms with the offset bushings are the same as installing the 4955 belltech bushings? If so it would be easier an cheaper to just buy the moog arms with new ball joints and offset bushings already installed.

The Moogs give 2 degrees of positive camber, same as the Belltech bushings. It is recommended to use the press tools to install the Belltech bushings, so you may wanna factor that into the price of getting the BT bushings and having them pressed in (assuming you don't have a press and have to outsource this labor). Plus, you may wanna get a second set of arms to be made up so you can just swap them in to reduce downtime. Then there's the ball joint aspect- the Moogs come with a new one.

The $150 for the pair of Moog arms seems to be the best deal when you factor getting new ball joints and offset bushings already installed and you can just swap 'em in with minimal downtime.

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was going to do is get the moogs if the offset bushings were for lowered vehicles I cannot get the seller to tell me if they was for lifted or lowered vehicles They are only 75 a piece on amazon. It's way better to go that route then get the belltech bushings and press them and all that hassle if these are the same as them. I just couldn't get it verified.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Moog themselves and Moog retailers such as Summit, they give 2 degrees of positive camber, which compensates for the negative camber lowering causes. Yes, that $150 price I got was for two of them at $75 each from Amazon.

I suggest you mark the alignment eccentrics where the stud is so you can put everything back how you took it off to minimize the change in alignment. This should keep it close enough to safely drive to an alignment shop, assuming your alignment is good now.

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know all the information I'm being told. I installed everything on my Tahoe in a driveway with no lift. lower control arms spindles you name it I just wanted to kno the difference in the beltech 4955 bushings an the offset bushings in the moog arms. If it was the same an if it was its pointless to add the beltech bushings to the arms when u can buy a new arm with ball joint for bout the same price. But I appreciate all the replies

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just did not specify if it was for positive camber but iamdub and another member said it was so that was the info I was trying to figure out thanks

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the rk moogs are the economy version. Has anyone had any luck with these? I dont want to cheap out on ball joints as it holds my wheel on lol. An I kno the upper arm does not really take alot of stress like the lower it's just a follower. So maybe the rk is ok for the upper?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Has anyone had any luck with these??

You rely on your "luck" for slot machines, not suspensions or brakes.

...I dont want to cheap out on ball joints as it holds my wheel on lol. An I kno the upper arm does not really take alot of stress like the lower it's just a follower. So maybe the rk is ok for the upper?

I'd strongly advise against cheaping out with the ball joints, as you would be with the RK series. They may be "okay", but for how long and up to what amount of stress? You don't wanna have such questions in the back of your mind every time you're approaching a rough patch on the road. I've had an economy ball joint break and the few dollars initially saved was FAR lost in repairing the damage. It was a few weeks old and snapped as I went over a considerably mild railroad track that I crossed every day to and from work. Even if the cheap part doesn't break, just having the peace of mind is worth the extra few bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium