Upgraded from a 2008 Denali to a 2009 Eski

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I saw that one pop up on my eBay radar. It could be a snowbird from up North. If you have the vin you can pull a free Carfax from AAA road service at a certain tier. It’ll show it’s Reg location history.

That’s the first and only one ending in 66 I’ve ever seen. If it doesn’t work, we can make a deal to get you the 09 Tahoe 4G WiFi VCIM I just took out.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little swaparoo with the OnStar VCIM from the 09 Canadian Hybrid to the 11 Canadian Esky O/S VCIM. The O/S Rep confirmed my vehicle (donor vehicle) was showing on her side as an ‘11 ice white Cadillac Escalade Platinum. This is a huge score.

When using these preloved Canadian 3/4G O/S modules it’s beneficial to have a make, model and color match. The O/S VCIM is active under my name but the original truck it was born into stays the same and can’t be changed. If the truck is stolen I can call and have it shut down. When it’s recovered they’ll find a white Esky ESV Platinum. I’m sure they’ll have questions about it being a different VIN and Year though.

View attachment 420043

O/S set up my new 3/4G account to the same App I had for the 2011 Esky 2G VCIM they shut down last year. I pressed the ignition start button, held it down and 10 seconds later, Voilà! It remote starts and stops via the cell phone App.

The 07-09 trucks were never meant to have these 2010+ O/S features. The fact that GM opted to shut down their 2G O/S network that supported this cell app feature stinks. It’s even worse they never offered it to older vehicles when it’s 100% backwards compatible and plug n play as well as adding unlimited 4G WiFi service to the truck for $15 Mo.
Wait a minute…… you’re saying this onstar VCIM thing can add 4G Wi-Fi to an older truck?!?!?! Like as in I could add this to my 2006, activate onstar and have wifi in the truck?!?! :eek:

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yes, it was a Canadian upgrade program for 03-14 GM full size SUV and a bunch of others. Obviously they killed the program long ago but the VCIM are slowly showing up in Canadian junkyards from early vehicles that have been totaled out but had the upgrade done at the time.

The 03-06 Yukon VCIM part # is 23230482. You'd have to go into ebay and set up an automated search for that number and when it shows available, pounce on it. Unlimited ATT wifi is $15 Mo.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was a Canadian upgrade program for 03-14 GM full size SUV and a bunch of others. Obviously they killed the program long ago but the VCIM are slowly showing up in Canadian junkyards from early vehicles that have been totaled out but had the upgrade done at the time.

The 03-06 Yukon VCIM part # is 23230482. You'd have to go into ebay and set up an automated search for that number and when it shows available, pounce on it. Unlimited ATT wifi is $15 Mo.

Thanks for the info! I’m gonna keep my eyes peeled cuz this is rad!

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gas door latch time. Mine had a busted grommet. I ran into # 20912532 on Amazon for about $13 bucks shipped.
E9887D80-EC87-4803-95EF-C77C1CAABBB7.jpeg

Used a specialty tool to remove it.
964EF27F-2E7B-413F-9907-79B1DDAF9D1F.jpeg

One minute later, good for another 15 years.
B1C8E5CE-C70D-49EC-BF27-201EFE6CFCA8.jpeg

Last edited: