Upfitter Connector or Trailer Brake Controller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuvMyYukon212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a ham radio operator. My previous 2013 Yukon Denali had an "upfitter port" in the driver side under dash electrical box that had a battery connection for 12 volt equipment that I used to power my radios without having to breach the firewall. My 2020 Yukon doesn't seem to have such, but I have a harness that I am told is for a trailer brake controller that also supplies 12v. Does any body know the current rating for that connection, and where it is fused? Thanks much.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I see it's the #36 J-case fuse in the underhood fusebox. Usually the trailer brake circuit is a 30-amp circuit, always powered. Might see if there is already a fuse in that socket.

The pigtail for trailer brakes should have four wires; two are heavy wires and the red one should be on that circuit. The blue one will tie back to the 7-blade connector at the hitch.

Capture1.jpg

Last edited:

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upfitter mid body connector is no longer there, so you can't tap into it as in previous years. I just ordered a Yukon with RPO option 9L7, GM Part number 84942074. Dealer was able to plug it into the order, and GM accepted it. The Dealer did tell me GM won't be the installer, there is an upfitter crew that will install it after it's built, but before it's shipped. Hopefully it works as planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts