Yukon Diesel + Maximum Tow Package - Anyone??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at order status 2000 for the 2023 Duramax SLT with the max tow package. we’ll see if it goes to TPW but they took the order.

Weird thing was ;
SLT premium package- constraint.

SLT Luxury package plus sunroof- good to go (more $$)

Last edited:

BigJohn76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 Yukon XL Denali Duramax with the max tow package. I had to fly up to Pennsylvania last August to bring that vehicle home. I live about 25 miles from the assembly plant in Arlington. I pull a 32’ travel trailer about 7500 pounds and get 11.5 to 12.5 mpg. I had a 2014 with the 6.2 and got about 7 mpg. This one has a ton more power!

squark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 Yukon XL Denali Duramax with the max tow package. I had to fly up to Pennsylvania last August to bring that vehicle home. I live about 25 miles from the assembly plant in Arlington. I pull a 32’ travel trailer about 7500 pounds and get 11.5 to 12.5 mpg. I had a 2014 with the 6.2 and got about 7 mpg. This one has a ton more power!
I’m curious, what’s your payload capacity? My travel trailer is the same size as yours but I went with the 6.2 because I was worried about overloading the vehicle. I love the 6.2 except for the fuel economy. I’m getting around 9 mpg towing.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aahhh the good ole days when an OEM brake controller wasn't even an option...that was part of the fun of buying a new truck, installing a new tekonsha brake controller.

understand the deisre to have it integrated into the dash, but that'd be a tough basis to pass up a vehicle on
Yeah, I hated those brake controllers sticking down under the dash.

Few years ago I stumbled upon Redarc integrated and was a great option to only have a dial installed somewhere accessible rather than the huge box under the dash looking like shit.

I do agree tough basis to pass up a vehicle on, but its funny how so many 15-20 yukons had the controller vs the tahoes and burbs and not an option at all on the esky platforms.

I tow a few times a year and I will pass if it doesnt have the controller, main reason being the rear end gearing on the prior gens had 3.08 gears normally vs the 3.42 with the max trailering package. Makes a big difference in how they drive and even more in how they tow.

crankin

Reaction score
Yeah, I hated those brake controllers sticking down under the dash.

Few years ago I stumbled upon Redarc integrated and was a great option to only have a dial installed somewhere accessible rather than the huge box under the dash looking like shit.

I do agree tough basis to pass up a vehicle on, but its funny how so many 15-20 yukons had the controller vs the tahoes and burbs and not an option at all on the esky platforms.

I tow a few times a year and I will pass if it doesnt have the controller, main reason being the rear end gearing on the prior gens had 3.08 gears normally vs the 3.42 with the max trailering package. Makes a big difference in how they drive and even more in how they tow.
I use a Curt Spectrum very sleek and out of the way

crankin

Reaction score
How do you find the sway with the trailer? what are you using for sway control?
I have a 30' weighing 7500lbs loaded

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission