Update on No AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that pic of your orifice tube Id say its safe to say that old compressor is junk. You will regret reusing that old drier. Its full of the tiny metal flakes that made it past the orifice tube.
I did what I had to do until it’s not so hot I’m getting heat stroke in my car i’m eventually gonna switch to a full oem setup new compressor and all, the lines aren’t properly flushed either. When I deal with my evaporator I’m 99% sure it’s leaking and well if you know anything about them leaking you have to evacuate the refrigerant if it doesn’t all leak out and that’d be the time to repair everything including the laziness of not doing the rear expansion valve the first time.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, based on that amount of debri I would not have reused the drier. When I rebuilt my system almost 10 years ago, I flushed the entire remaining components and lines prior to final install. It took nearly an entire day to flush and dry. Still working today.
I Am suffering until tomorrow when I replace the broken connector I’ve been dying every day for months I can’t wait for any more parts nor do I wanna mess with anything ac until Atleast November then I would’ve mentally healed from the “***** nugget” this was

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that pic of your orifice tube Id say its safe to say that old compressor is junk. You will regret reusing that old drier. Its full of the tiny metal flakes that made it past the orifice tube.
I’m replacing everything again around December probably this was more of a temporary thing so I can make it to when it’s not 11x*+ inside the thing and I didn’t wanna wait any longer for parts without ac or pay the quoted $3*** on a truck that’s not even worth that. I might run to the junkyard but considering I broke mine most likely the junkyard one would fail when I take it all apart again I’m just mentally exhausted between work and all to keep screwing with it until Atleast November. If the new connector doesn’t make the rear ac blow cold I’m selling it.it doesn’t need to be ice cold but It needs to be cool and comfortable enough to not have heat stroke sitting in it for 15 minutes on the freeway. Yes I actually had to seek medical attention a day the cabin temperature hit 124 (112 outside temp) the heat is no joke here it will be 109 on Friday.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m about to replace all my ac components on my 02 Denali. I’ll be reusing the lines but that’s it. Hope my orifice tube doesn’t look like yours did!

GreenTahoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Am suffering until tomorrow when I replace the broken connector I’ve been dying every day for months I can’t wait for any more parts nor do I wanna mess with anything ac until Atleast November then I would’ve mentally healed from the “***** nugget” this was
Eficonnections.com has the connector ends and the terminals. I recommend Amazon for the crimping tools.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m about to replace all my ac components on my 02 Denali. I’ll be reusing the lines but that’s it. Hope my orifice tube doesn’t look like yours did!
It will if your compressor and orifice tube is original. Thats normal wear and tear. That orifice tube's screen is meant to catch that crap.