[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after that post, I thought to myself "damn I've been lazy. I should install these lights, it won't take long"

2 hours later, we have light

no more ugly reflectors, though you can't really see much with the brush guard anyways :(

not sure if it's better or not tbh

so tired of working with these lights though. I wanna just pay someone to do them correctly, but I can't swallow $500+ on headlights on a $6000 truck

and here's the build video:

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Looks waaaayy better. Look at all that focused beam output . Worth it but I can see the brush guard kinda defeating the purpose a little bit lol

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been so busy with work I haven't even put in my new retrofits yet

View attachment 218644

broke a little milestone today

View attachment 218645

right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep the vehicle or sell it...

next week I should be pulling the Grand Prix out of storage, and don't see any point in keeping a $6000 truck around that I won't use again until October

at the same time, I almost pulled the trigger on another set of these rims, but with the -12MM offset this time

so indecisive
But if you keep it you won't have to worry about looking for another winter beater when October comes back around :shrug:

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks waaaayy better. Look at all that focused beam output . Worth it but I can see the brush guard kinda defeating the purpose a little bit lol

Haha to me it's just worth it not to have the damn reflectors

look at that beauty

just need to plasti-dip that ugly GMC logo and maybe the entire grill once it warms up

But if you keep it you won't have to worry about looking for another winter beater when October comes back around :shrug:

I like the building process though :p

I really want a 4x4 vehicle instead of AWD, and particularly I would LOVE to have a 2dr squarebody.

we'll see what happens I suppose

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Haha I’m not a fan of push bars but I like yours, compliments the tire wheel set up , z71 rack, blacked out windows and that you removed the steps. It flows very nicely :waytogo:
I vote keep it, unless you do find a clean 2 door then sell it lol

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is a beauty!! I strongly recommend you keep it.

Good looking Denali to think about parting with...sublimal ....KEEP IT!! ;)

Haha I’m not a fan of push bars but I like yours, compliments the tire wheel set up , z71 rack, blacked out windows and that you removed the steps. It flows very nicely :waytogo:
I vote keep it, unless you do find a clean 2 door then sell it lol

haha of my GM trucks that I've had, I think this one is the one I like the least.

the 6L is great, but I hate the sunroof and GMC front end, and this one also has given me the most problems (check engine light, airbag light, check tire sensors, electrical issues etc)

I'm strongly considering keeping it though and throwing on a cowl hood and move bumper, something similar to this:

51962211_357080968460328_6164038124352569344_n.jpg

I really hate the brush guard on my truck, but in Winter it's such a nice piece of insurance. I rear ended a guy doing 85MPH on the highway with my last Tahoe and walked away with zero damage to the vehicle

I've also hit several deer in my dad's old trucks with brush guards, and walked away each time with minimal damage

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
haha of my GM trucks that I've had, I think this one is the one I like the least.

the 6L is great, but I hate the sunroof and GMC front end, and this one also has given me the most problems (check engine light, airbag light, check tire sensors, electrical issues etc)

I'm strongly considering keeping it though and throwing on a cowl hood and move bumper, something similar to this:

View attachment 218778

I really hate the brush guard on my truck, but in Winter it's such a nice piece of insurance. I rear ended a guy doing 85MPH on the highway with my last Tahoe and walked away with zero damage to the vehicle

I've also hit several deer in my dad's old trucks with brush guards, and walked away each time with minimal damage
Well stop running into the back of people and quit murdering deer !! Lol yea we have the same problem with moose up here. Imagine hitting 5 deer at once

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907