Unknown suspension condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing on Rock Auto, For the control arms i'm seeing both GM GENUINE & ACDelco, Aren't they the same? I'm also seeing adjustable ones vs non adjustable ones. I'm thinking the adjustable ones are for raising or lowering the vehicle?

Any good source for the Arnott ones? Saving a few bucks would help as long as I'm not compromising on quality.

So you guys don't like Moog? I always thought Moog was good?

No, they are very different. GM OE is what your car was built with. If there is an ACDelco Professional/Gold option, those parts are of high quality but not the same as OE. When it comes to control arms, they are exactly the same as Moog CK Series.

One thing that seems strange, I should have a Z55 suspension according to the sticker in the glove box, but my lower control arms are Aluminum, Aren't Aluminum lowers an indication of Z56 police suspension?

As far as I can tell this vehicle was owned by an older couple and no indication anything was Modded.

No, we've yet to deduce all the reasons aluminum arms were used over cast iron! It's a mystery! Well, obviously they were trying to save weight and keep the trucks balanced.

OP
OP
R

Roger08LTZ

Reaction score
The GM GENUINE Aluminum lowers are 300+ each. Do I really need to replace the whole arm, can't I press in new bushings and ball joints?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts