Ummmmm....HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Needmoremoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'99 denali, 4wd, 5.7L, 150k miles. Ran like a top, no issues. Started with 0130 code, narrowed to 0133, then started running like starving for fuel & threw both banks lean codes. My 25+ year trusted mechanic took over & after several visits said he was certain fuel pump was good but factory fuel injection unit was not. He showed me as he removed it, that it was literally falling apart. Quite a bit of carbon buildup & ALL rubber/plastic was brittle, cracked & falling apart. I mean A LOT of crap falling...all over. He cleaned, vacuumed & did best he could to remove debris before installed updated FI unit. Truck ran like a top...for about 200 miles. Then all hell broke loose. P0171, 0174, 1133 & 0130. The miss was unbearable & truck was towed to my house. At my trusted mechanics suggestion (do to him being on vacay til monday), truck sat for 3 days, i changed oil with castrol HM 10w/30 & 1 pint of CD2....i know i know...but whats done is done. He said run, let it sit & try running a day later then check oil color. Do to work, after oil change & CD2, truck RAN LIKE CRAP/missing like it was firing every 3rd go round. Pissed, i let it sit all week. Pulled plugs 1-3-5-7 (due to time). All 4 were jet black, #7 was dripping wet with fuel (even though not started in 5 days), & #5 had a bit of carbon (?) & it was bent with gap at maybe 015, not 060 or whatever it should be. Changed it, started engine, STILL a fierce miss but noticeably less. However, pouring out blue smoke-which it never did before-like an old lawnmower. I check the fresh, undriven-on oil & it is noticeably discolored.
SO-should i change oil & see if the CD2 thinned it out THAT MUCH to smoke?
& next....WTF? Any suggestions as to lean condition, miss, smoke???

OP
OP
Needmoremoney

Needmoremoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok...so would an upper intake manifold leak cause ALL of my issues?
Would it cause my lean conditions?
Would the lean conditions in turn cause the misfire?
Would the blue smoke bellowing from the exhaust stack....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yote1