Two evap codes 05 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LinuxMint

Reaction score
A few weeks ago the check engine light came on with a P0420. I cleaned the throttle body, installed new plugs and wires, and it went away for a few hundred miles. Now it's back, this time with an additional code as well, P0455.

While I had it apart, I noticed that the little evap thing on top of the intake manifold rocks back and forth when you move it with your hand. I unbolted it, looked at it, and bolted it back on tight and it still can be rocked. Is that normal?

O/T: 325,000 miles on her now. :challenge:

2005 Yukon XL Denali

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is normal. I cant remember my evap codr i had off hand but you can search ubder my name for it...i replaced gas cap. Solenoid on intake manifold. Valve on charcoal canistor. Andvrecently pressure sensor on top of tank. Seemed like every 8 mobths the same code eould come back and id replace one by one. So far no more cel though

OP
OP
L

LinuxMint

Reaction score
Yes it is normal. I cant remember my evap codr i had off hand but you can search ubder my name for it...i replaced gas cap. Solenoid on intake manifold. Valve on charcoal canistor. Andvrecently pressure sensor on top of tank. Seemed like every 8 mobths the same code eould come back and id replace one by one. So far no more cel though

Thanks for the info. It's my dad's vehicle, and money is a little tight right now so throwing parts at it is out of the question. It's been turned into a fleet vehicle, so I usually can only work on it over the weekends.

We may just have to live with it. Every single car we own has been suddenly been throwing codes or running out of oil this week :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz