Turning Off AFM With EFI Live

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have my own V2 and EFI Software, and I pulled the OE Tune File from the truck and there is an option to disable AFM.

It's just a simple On or Off.

If I disable it in that one Table, are there any other Tables that need adjusted or no?

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't played with a 2015 but there are multiple ways to disable it. Change temp ranges, change the speed ranges to something not achievable etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to accomplish disabling the AFM?

OP
OP
Mad Maxx

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clicked the "off" button in the EFI Table and loaded the tune, and all seems well.

Thumping sound from 4cyl Mode is totally gone (obviously), nothing but a nice quiet ride now.

Throttle Lag from a stop is still there, but it's more responsive once you're moving at speed, since it doesn't have to kick on 4 more cylinders.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it, thanks. Which EFI live are you guys using, and what's the advantage(s) of it vs the AFM disabler?

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EFI Live or HP Tuners can do pretty much ANYTHING to the ECU/TCM. Higher initial investment but makes getting a remote tune or doing it yourself possible.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you leave the AFM on, but set it so it can only come on at higher speeds? say above 45 mph?

my Tahoe makes that damn noise something fierce. especially around 20 mph when the V-4 first kicks in. At highway speeds I don't notice it, so IMO it would be best of both worlds to kill it down low, but keep at actual highway speeds

OP
OP
Mad Maxx

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the shifter in M then select 5th gear, and AFM will stay off. When you get above whatever speed you want, put it in 6th, and AFM will come on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy