turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z71tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys new to forums so I bought my tahoe last fall but I wanted to know if there are any good turbo kits out there for a decent price and for anyone that has done that to there tahoe what did you all need to mod. to the motor also what would be a good boost setting not wanting to run 9 sec but a good time like mid 12s thanks

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

by the way its a 02 z71 with a 5.3 in it

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
There are turbo set ups available. But they are more expensive and give less boost than a supercharger. If you look around on youtube you can find some.

***this has just been my experience, it would not be the first time I am wrong.lol

Last edited:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seconded... Superchargers are more beneficial in your situation. If you're going to do it, don't half-ass it or you could destroy your car

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go twin screw supercharger over turbo every time for a Tahoe!! You will love the low end trq from a blower that you cant get from a turbo

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
STS makes a good turbo kit for these trucks, but roots and twinscrew 'chargers will get you more low end tq and almost always a broader tq curve compared to turbos and centrifugals, which will help get these heavy suvs moving quicker out of the hole. No matter which way you go, a few supporting mods will definitely help. A better intake, full exhaust, and a correct cam profile will help bring in and expel the larger volume of air from the turbo or s/c. You're definitely going to have to re-tune the pcm whenever you boost.
A decent boosted setup with supporting mods and a good tune on your 5.3 will easily get your heavy SUV into low 12's.
Welcome to the forums, btw:cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo