Tuning file installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly did Justin say in regards to the suspected fuel pressure issue? Too bad it takes so long for them to return an email. They told me they’re 3-4 weeks out on re-tunes right now because so many people are off work and making changes to their rigs. I’m waiting on one for my Silverado as you probably know after my cam swap. I don’t really want to drive it the way it’s running.
Yeah for sure. I hope you get it soon! I think he may have found the issue. Something about a default setting for non-flex fuel “T” VIN might have caused the lean banks codes. I have a new tune installed now, and we’ll see how it does the next couple days. [emoji106][emoji1696][emoji869][emoji631] once this is ironed out 100%, I’m going to start looking into a cam, Springs, etc...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. I hope you get it soon! I think he may have found the issue. Something about a default setting for non-flex fuel “T” VIN might have caused the lean banks codes. I have a new tune installed now, and we’ll see how it does the next couple days. [emoji106][emoji1696][emoji869][emoji631] once this is ironed out 100%, I’m going to start looking into a cam, Springs, etc...
Sounds like he made you worry for something that was his fault. Meh, mistakes happen. Glad it looks like it’s fixed. I’m realllly itching to test my new cam out. I mean yeah it’s only a 4.8 but it actually did pretty good with just a tune, since it’s a pickup and not a big ass SUV.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You gotta let us know how she runs with the new tune Sam! I'm excited for ya!

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he made you worry for something that was his fault. Meh, mistakes happen. Glad it looks like it’s fixed. I’m realllly itching to test my new cam out. I mean yeah it’s only a 4.8 but it actually did pretty good with just a tune, since it’s a pickup and not a big ass SUV.
Yeah, that’s ok. I just hope it’s all good now. On the bright side, I got a diagnosis for a bad MAF, and dirty ass TB that needed some attention. Lol. Hell yeah! You put the BTR stage 2 in? Sorry I forgot if it was that or a similar one.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta let us know how she runs with the new tune Sam! I'm excited for ya!
Thanks Tony! Yes I need to get more drive time in! Weather is all ****** again as it has been in the afternoon / evening for several days now. Blowing about 40-50, and scary looking clouds so
I’m keeping her safe in the garage for now.

Initial impressions are great though!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s ok. I just hope it’s all good now. On the bright side, I got a diagnosis for a bad MAF, and dirty ass TB that needed some attention. Lol. Hell yeah! You put the BTR stage 2 in? Sorry I forgot if it was that or a similar one.
It’s a Vinci High Performance “Chopper” and yes it’s in.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my current tune seems to be good to go. It is much more responsive, the gear changes are quick and positive.
It always seems to be in the right gear, and also shifts up very quickly, if you’re not putting your foot in it, which of course will save fuel mileage.
And the sport mode...?! Oh hell yeah!! I almost feel like I’m driving a stick, it’s so responsive! Always a flick of my ankle away from a quick pass! [emoji16][emoji83][emoji84]loving the responsiveness of both the engine and transmission! I also noticed the idle was lowered a bit.. almost as if there’s a very mild cam installed.. now, I need to actually add a cam.. [emoji869][emoji106][emoji631][emoji16]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues