Tunes for Hybrids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I'd really like to get a tune for my new 2009 Escalade Hybrid at some point to get a little more pep out of it and potentially increase my mpg's but wasn't sure if you had an offering for us Hybrid guys. So I wanted to reach out to find out what my options were. Thanks!

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to get a tune for my new 2009 Escalade Hybrid at some point to get a little more pep out of it and potentially increase my mpg's but wasn't sure if you had an offering for us Hybrid guys. So I wanted to reach out to find out what my options were. Thanks!

Most likely not, but can you PM your VIN number and Justin will double-check for you please? Thx!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP, you REALLY don't want to be messing with the Hybrid's stock tune.

The two mode has very complex programming that's specific to the way electric, hybrid, gasoline, and AFM operate and interact with each other ... if memory serves me right BBP won't go near it.

Plus I'm not really sure what it would achieve ... the stock tune is already optimized for fuel efficience, the transmission is the smoothest shifting of any NNBS transmission. You might be able to get a small amount of performance out of it but that'll be at the expense of fuel efficiency, which presumably is the priimary reason someone would get a Hybrid version of these trucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
OP, you REALLY don't want to be messing with the Hybrid's stock tune.

The two mode has very complex programming that's specific to the way electric, hybrid, gasoline, and AFM operate and interact with each other ... if memory serves me right BBP won't go near it.

Plus I'm not really sure what it would achieve ... the stock tune is already optimized for fuel efficience, the transmission is the smoothest shifting of any NNBS transmission. You might be able to get a small amount of performance out of it but that'll be at the expense of fuel efficiency, which presumably is the priimary reason someone would get a Hybrid version of these trucks.

That was basically what I was wondering, if there was anything to gain there or not. I knew it did a lot for the standard vehicles but that the Hybrid was in it's own category altogether. Thanks for chiming in! That info was helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper