Tune up almost done (spark plug pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
is flushing a break system something I can do myself? Basicly I'm asking is special tools are needed...?

I have some more small tune up items I want to get done in the fall.

also, I second the seafoam, i didnt know what the hell it was till i joined TF... but it really does work well, I bought two bottles. One whole bottle into the gas tank, 1/2 to 2/3 into the vacuum line, the rest into the crank case about 2 weeks before i changed the oil. great stuff!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

oh yea, and speaking of PCV valve, has anyone upgraded to a "high persoformance" pcv valve, i just ran across one of these on the internet the other day and was curious

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A high-performance PCV valve? Seriously? I wouldn't waste my money on one dude, it's just a vent in the valve cover that helps recirculate unburned fuel back into the intake manifold. I don't know what possible benefit one could see from a high performance version, I'm sure the stock one is more than adequate.

Maybe blown engines would benefit from it? IDK.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
is flushing a break system something I can do myself? Basicly I'm asking is special tools are needed...?

I have some more small tune up items I want to get done in the fall.

also, I second the seafoam, i didnt know what the hell it was till i joined TF... but it really does work well, I bought two bottles. One whole bottle into the gas tank, 1/2 to 2/3 into the vacuum line, the rest into the crank case about 2 weeks before i changed the oil. great stuff!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

oh yea, and speaking of PCV valve, has anyone upgraded to a "high persoformance" pcv valve, i just ran across one of these on the internet the other day and was curious

brake flush you can do at home...but not with one arm/hand...lol...j/k

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, I believe my manual states 100k mile plug intervals.

Also flush and refill your brake system. Brake fluid absorbs water over time and becomes less effective. You can also clean your tb and maybe even a Seafoam treatment.

pads will be needed soon, so i'll do fluid while i'm at it.

oh yeah i forgot i was going to clean my tb out.

i'm to scared to do seafoam through the vac line at 105,000 miles. i ran a can through the tank for the injectors though.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you be scared to do the seafoam at 105K miles man? Thats when the engine needs it the most, think about all of the shit built up in there that you could clean out...

If you do it right, you won't have any issues - whether the engine has 10K or 100K on it. Just take your time and it will work great.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you be scared to do the seafoam at 105K miles man? Thats when the engine needs it the most, think about all of the shit built up in there that you could clean out...

If you do it right, you won't have any issues - whether the engine has 10K or 100K on it. Just take your time and it will work great.

I've thought about seafoam but with all the crap coming out of the engine wouldn't it plug up the cat? I have to get emission tests every 2nd year so removing it isnt a option.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
if you do a seafoam treatment have a new set up plugs handy just in case they get fouled or you may get left stranded....like i have twice...lol.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score

seafoam is a really forgiving product from my experience, i cant really see how you could **** it up unless you just completely disregard the instructions and do something unimaginable, like pour 6 cans into the motor or something.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

i dont know what canadian emmisions laws are like man, but i get my truck emissioned every two years as well, havent had a problem yet and i have seafoamed twice since, now have 90k

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thumper, I have emissions here in CO too. No issues with seafoam. There aren't really and solid chunks of stuff coming out that are big enough to plug up a cat - the seafoam dissolves the carbon deposits in the engine which are then burned up during combustion and come out as smoke. It's good stuff, and generally safe to use. Just follow the instructions on the can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts