Tune up almost done (spark plug pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned the engine bay and changed the plugs and wires. Back in 2001 was GM putting 100,000 miles plugs in? I'm wondering if there is 105,000 on the old AC Delco plugs or if they had been changed by the previous owner.

Anyways here is what a old .060 gapped plug looks like next to a .038 NGK plug.

So far I've done, front and rear diffs, transfer case, tranny + filter, coolant, engine oil, plugs, wires, air filter, pcv valve, fuel filter, cabin filter. I need to still do the belt. What about power steering fluid, should I mess with that?

plugs.gif
simplegreenengine.gif

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn!! I wish mine was that clean under my hood.
I recently changed my plugs @ 90,*** mine looked just like that and since I changed them I noticed a big improvement in my gas mileage.
I need to do everything else you listed soon, as far as the power steering I don't remember exactly what the schedule was to change it but i'm sure it won't hurt so I say go for it.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old ones you pulled out were Delcos? The electrode looks a lil too big to be a 100K Iridium plug, but I've seen stranger things. Mine looked about toasted when I pulled them out, too. I like the Delcos...I changed em once, and won't ever have to do it again if all goes well. :)

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old ones you pulled out were Delcos? The electrode looks a lil too big to be a 100K Iridium plug, but I've seen stranger things. Mine looked about toasted when I pulled them out, too. I like the Delcos...I changed em once, and won't ever have to do it again if all goes well. :)
it said ac delco and ngk on them so which is it?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cleaned the engine bay and changed the plugs and wires. Back in 2001 was GM putting 100,000 miles plugs in?

So far I've done, front and rear diffs, transfer case, tranny + filter, coolant, engine oil, plugs, wires, air filter, pcv valve, fuel filter, cabin filter. I need to still do the belt. What about power steering fluid, should I mess with that?

IIRC, I believe my manual states 100k mile plug intervals.

Also flush and refill your brake system. Brake fluid absorbs water over time and becomes less effective. You can also clean your tb and maybe even a Seafoam treatment.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it said ac delco and ngk on them so which is it?

Delcos are made by NGK, same difference. Big +1 on the brake fluid change too, I just had that done yesterday at the stealership ($120 out the door...expensive, but I didn't have the time to do it myself), and it actually made a noticeable difference in brake performance. Nothing crazy, but it helped a little, and it's nice knowing that it's done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo