Trying to ID a fuse under the hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 2000 Yukon 2500 a little over a year and haven't had any real problems. Nice warm day today so I decided to get under hood and check things out. I noticed that there's an empty fuse bank (Large Fuses dead center in the box under the hood) Marked on lid as 30 amp "AIR". There are a few blank banks in the panel (no connectors in the panel) but this bank definitely has connections. First thought with a 30 amp marked air was AC but that isn't it. AC has worked like a charm since I bought it. Just wondering what it's for of if it has some optional use.

OP
OP
Bluerdg

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
probably this

As I noted, there are connections in the bay but the fuse is missing. Anything particular I need to look for to determine if the air suspension is installed? Tires installed when I bought the truck were brand new but over sized, but nothing that I think would have required any kind of significant change in shocks. From what I just looked at the 2000 model has electronic air shocks if so equipped, I'm assuming that there would be some kind of harness involved to connect each to a sensor unit?

Pokémon

Reaction score
As I noted, there are connections in the bay but the fuse is missing. Anything particular I need to look for to determine if the air suspension is installed? Tires installed when I bought the truck were brand new but over sized, but nothing that I think would have required any kind of significant change in shocks. From what I just looked at the 2000 model has electronic air shocks if so equipped, I'm assuming that there would be some kind of harness involved to connect each to a sensor unit?

If I'm not mistaken you should see a thin air hose connect to the rear dampers. Such as this. http://www.kevinshoemaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ar07.jpg
The compressor should be bolted to the frame behind the left rear tire.

Also I think that all autoride tahoes and Yukons came with an autoride sticker on the c pillar
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mqFbN8W2D8IZg6eAf_dBZng.jpg

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a little known "free mod" for more power.
Install the fuse and you will get more air into engine, just like a supercharger!

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
I've had my 2000 Yukon 2500 a little over a year and haven't had any real problems. Nice warm day today so I decided to get under hood and check things out. I noticed that there's an empty fuse bank (Large Fuses dead center in the box under the hood) Marked on lid as 30 amp "AIR". There are a few blank banks in the panel (no connectors in the panel) but this bank definitely has connections. First thought with a 30 amp marked air was AC but that isn't it. AC has worked like a charm since I bought it. Just wondering what it's for of if it has some optional use.

AIR actually stands for Air Injection Reaction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_air_injection

Look at the emissions label under the hood. There will be a part that lists the emissions equipment installed on the vehicle (depending on where it is sold). It will say things slike SFI, HO2S, EGR, AIR, TWC, (etc). If "AIR" is not listed, your vehicle is not equipped for it (and Probably not CA emissions regulated but just Federally regulated which can also found on the label) so don't worry about it. That fuse socket is there as are others that are filled on vehicles with certain equipment and trim levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HSK76