A/C fuses blow with RPMs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nevada Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 10 amp fuse seems fine, pulling 4.2 amps at idle, but when my wife reved the engine the A/C fuse jumped to over 10 amps and blew right away. So that's why I keep blowing fuses and the Tahoe blows hot air lol
A mechanic I usually like probably didn't go that far to see why fuses were blowing, so this carpenter has to look into it on line.
I was going to replace the clutch, but I got a new AC Delco compressor, and the clutch I was going to pull from it is different. So much for that idea.
How should I go forward here?
Greatly appreciated.
Allan
99 Tahoe
5.7 L

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Get a different clutch. Post a pic of the compressor you have and show the clutch and the old clutch.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 10 amp fuse seems fine, pulling 4.2 amps at idle, but when my wife reved the engine the A/C fuse jumped to over 10 amps and blew right away. So that's why I keep blowing fuses and the Tahoe blows hot air lol
A mechanic I usually like probably didn't go that far to see why fuses were blowing, so this carpenter has to look into it on line.
I was going to replace the clutch, but I got a new AC Delco compressor, and the clutch I was going to pull from it is different. So much for that idea.
How should I go forward here?
Greatly appreciated.
Allan
99 Tahoe
5.7 L

so, what did the high side pressure reach when she reved the engine to 2800 rpm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas