Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I don't have Autoride.
I thought so too. Maybe I'll Tony a buzz and see what he says.

I think it is because of the wheel and tire size... your bottom lug nuts appear to be in line with the tops of the running boards like mine...

rps20180406_001909_869.jpg

This was before hooking up the auto level on mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is because of the wheel and tire size... your bottom out nuts appear to be in line with the tops of the running boards like mine...

View attachment 196289

This was before hooking up the auto level on mine.

Man, that looks good. What happened when you hooked up auto level? Did it lift it any?

So, I zoomed in on my picture and the bottom lug is between the door and step.

Will aligning it lift the front any? I really don't want to lift the front to level it out.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Man, that looks good. What happened when you hooked up auto level? Did it lift it any?

So, I zoomed in on my picture and the bottom lug is between the door and step.

Will aligning it lift the front any? I really don't want to lift the front to level it out.

First off... thanks for the compliment.

Yes, it lifted it just a little bit after I shortened the auto level links.

I liked the look with it all the way down but when hitting a small dip in the road it would cause the axle to bit the frame. And before anyone asks, YES I did the free travel mod.

That is what I was saying is the plug nuts appear to be in the same location as mine, yet mine looks lower than yours in the rear, so it must be the wheels/tires.

No... alignment won't lift it.

Like @randeez said.... if shocks are too long and bottomed out it will hold the rear up.... but it would ride like crap.

I found an air shock that has the same dimensions as the Belltech drop shock and used those to keep my auto level since I have kids and luggage and a trailer and what not.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could pull the shocks and see if it sits any lower....I think I ordered my shocks on like 18" eye to eye at ride height with the 4" spring with spacer. You've got to be in the 13-14" rideheight, fully compressed is going to need to be like 10"

kbuskill

Reaction score
The shocks I bought are 21" extended and 13" compressed and my axle will hit the frame (W/free travel mod) before the shocks bottoms out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off... thanks for the compliment.

Yes, it lifted it just a little bit after I shortened the auto level links.

I liked the look with it all the way down but when hitting a small dip in the road it would cause the axle to bit the frame. And before anyone asks, YES I did the free travel mod.

That is what I was saying is the plug nuts appear to be in the same location as mine, yet mine looks lower than yours in the rear, so it must be the wheels/tires.

No... alignment won't lift it.

Like @randeez said.... if shocks are too long and bottomed out it will hold the rear up.... but it would ride like crap.

I found an air shock that has the same dimensions as the Belltech drop shock and used those to keep my auto level since I have kids and luggage and a trailer and what not.
You can customize the length of your ride height sensor links so the shocks air up but barely lift the back. Just buy some all thread or cut the heads off some bolts. I had to experiment with mine to find the shortest links I could use but they still stay intact when I jack it up and the suspension is hanging. If you make them too short they pull apart when you jack it up. Mine lift the rear only 1/4 to 1/2" but the shocks have full air pressure. It does take some experimenting.

kbuskill

Reaction score
You can customize the length of your ride height sensor links so the shocks air up but barely lift the back. Just buy some all thread or cut the heads off some bolts. I had to experiment with mine to find the shortest links I could use but they still stay intact when I jack it up and the suspension is hanging. If you make them too short they pull apart when you jack it up. Mine lift the rear only 1/4 to 1/2" but the shocks have full air pressure. It does take some experimenting.

Oh... you mean like this... lol

rps20180406_121330.jpg

That is how I have mine set as well... barely any lift but enough pressure to not allow the axle to contact the frame under normal conditions... big bumps will still bottom out but not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC