Truth or Lie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I don't think thats prob true. I ordered one in June and I've kept an eye on my dealerships page and they haven't gotten many in at all. And they have it on their website listed what orders they have coming in with the order # and everything, so they are pretty transparent. Or maybe I just want to believe I've found a good dealership, idk.

What else would you be driving? Would you just decide to drive a Ford? Genuinely curious. Bc it's not like there are so many Yukons out there that it's easy to just go pick another one out. Sure, if you don't care about the color, it's easy to go find something in a different color. Or if you are willing to get an SLT instead of a Denali. But my experience trying to find a Denali with a diesel engine, unless I was willing to change to a gas engine or a different trim level it's not easy to find. The days of just going to 4-5 lots to find what you want are gone I think.
If you’re OK with waiting, there’s nothing wrong with being patient. I’m not. And I have no brand loyalty. Have you seen the recent reports that the diesel is unavailable indefinitely?

I would probably be in a Lexus or Land Cruiser. But I’ve got nothing against Ford or any of the Japanese brands.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you think it’s best to just continue to wait it out? Or would you place another order at a separate dealership? Being that I don’t want to remove any of the packages I just would wait.
Well that's your choice... But you can have 10 "orders" placed at 10 different places, but if you won't waver on how they are equipped, then don't expect to see anything till spring of 22 or later....
If I'm needing a vehicle now or in the short term, I certainly wouldn't want to wait on this ordered one. I'd be scouring incoming inventory in a 500 mile radius and take what I could get....

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships are LOVING some of you right now.... Impatience and not willing to wait are also what is driving the costs up so much. When you have all of these orders stacking up at dealerships, they are licking their chops and KNOW they can get away with charging 10-20k over MSRP. Having a new Denali is not a life or death situation here, and that is how some of you are making your purchases out to be. Why not just wait until the dust settles on the chip shortages and manufacturing goes back to normal? Then you can buy exactly what you want, instead of a 'Frankenstein' package.

What do you all think of the new Grand Wagoneer? The jury is still out for me on those, haha

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships are LOVING some of you right now.... Impatience and not willing to wait are also what is driving the costs up so much. When you have all of these orders stacking up at dealerships, they are licking their chops and KNOW they can get away with charging 10-20k over MSRP. Having a new Denali is not a life or death situation here, and that is how some of you are making your purchases out to be. Why not just wait until the dust settles on the chip shortages and manufacturing goes back to normal? Then you can buy exactly what you want, instead of a 'Frankenstein' package.

What do you all think of the new Grand Wagoneer? The jury is still out for me on those, haha
No way I would buy a first year Jeep product.......

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali+Dmax+Air ride+ Max towing= Pretty unobtainable now or in the next 4-6 months…..
Yes! Apparently there was an article that came out stating duramax engine production was halted until end of the year.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way I would buy a first year Jeep product.......
I will add that the 1st year GMC Yukon was not great at all... I'm on #2, because 1st was a lemon. But, me sticking with the Yukon does show how much I like it! My AT4 is hands down better than the prior SLT. Definitely recommend waiting 1 year for any brand, even Toyota. Man those new Tundra's are sweet and can't wait to see the Sequoia.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Grand Wagoneer? Ugly as sin tbh.

These Yukons/Tahoes are worth the wait. I just called around and happened to finally find one for MSRP but they accepted GM supplier discount so i bought it. Had it been sold or no discount, i would have placed a 22 order and just waited. :)

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Grand wagoneer ugly as hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts