Truth or Lie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elise201424

Reaction score
I ordered my 21 Yukon back in May. Unfortunately, I didn’t make the cut before they switched to the 2022. My sales rep confirmed with me that my order was switched over to a 2022. A few weeks after the cut off.
Every other week or so I reach out to him to see if he has an update. I text the GMC chat and all I can see is my order was accepted and it’s pending to be picked up.
So tonight another rep from a different dealership called me to get me to make an order with him. He said he has already placed 2 orders and they have been accepted and have a target production date for end of November. I asked if they were fully loaded including Max tow and air ride ( like my order is) and he said YES!! He also said there are no constraints but you do have to Frankenstein the order because there are no “ultimate packages”
Now I don’t know if he is blowing smoke or what. Does anyone else have a 2022 that has a target production date yet which a lot of packages??
I just hate feeling like I am possibly being lied to

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
How many Yukons has the dealer you placed your order at delivered since May? Probably you’re being shuffled to the back of the line.

I’d be driving something else already.

Dez78n

Reaction score
How many Yukons has the dealer you placed your order at delivered since May? Probably you’re being shuffled to the back of the line.

I don't think thats prob true. I ordered one in June and I've kept an eye on my dealerships page and they haven't gotten many in at all. And they have it on their website listed what orders they have coming in with the order # and everything, so they are pretty transparent. Or maybe I just want to believe I've found a good dealership, idk.

What else would you be driving? Would you just decide to drive a Ford? Genuinely curious. Bc it's not like there are so many Yukons out there that it's easy to just go pick another one out. Sure, if you don't care about the color, it's easy to go find something in a different color. Or if you are willing to get an SLT instead of a Denali. But my experience trying to find a Denali with a diesel engine, unless I was willing to change to a gas engine or a different trim level it's not easy to find. The days of just going to 4-5 lots to find what you want are gone I think.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali+Dmax+Air ride+ Max towing= Pretty unobtainable now or in the next 4-6 months…..

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
Denali+Dmax+Air ride+ Max towing= Pretty unobtainable now or in the next 4-6 months…..
So do you think it’s best to just continue to wait it out? Or would you place another order at a separate dealership? Being that I don’t want to remove any of the packages I just would wait.

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
I don't think thats prob true. I ordered one in June and I've kept an eye on my dealerships page and they haven't gotten many in at all. And they have it on their website listed what orders they have coming in with the order # and everything, so they are pretty transparent. Or maybe I just want to believe I've found a good dealership, idk.

What else would you be driving? Would you just decide to drive a Ford? Genuinely curious. Bc it's not like there are so many Yukons out there that it's easy to just go pick another one out. Sure, if you don't care about the color, it's easy to go find something in a different color. Or if you are willing to get an SLT instead of a Denali. But my experience trying to find a Denali with a diesel engine, unless I was willing to change to a gas engine or a different trim level it's not easy to find. The days of just going to 4-5 lots to find what you want are gone I think.
Well… It would have to be another vehicle that could accommodate very comfortably a family of six and could tow a trailer. So I guess that would put me in a Tahoe high country. But for the price I would rather have the Yukon.
I sure wouldn’t do a minivan let me tell you that. My husband already has a truck so we don’t have a need for another one and this would be my daily driver.

OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score

I’m not sure but that’s a good question. I can gas that most of the cars being delivered were from a 2021. I do know that some 2022s have been picked up already from that dealership but they were very basic and did not have on the items I do on my order.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about where you guys are but here in Norcal the dealers are pretty much a barren landscape with a couple scattered 2500/3500/4500 2021 silverado's
anything else on the lot is a trade in or used vehicle, nothing out there

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
So do you think it’s best to just continue to wait it out? Or would you place another order at a separate dealership? Being that I don’t want to remove any of the packages I just would wait.

If that dealership allows you to place the order without having to put a deposit down until GM accepts that order with their allocation, might as well. Thats what I have going on currently, same order at two dealers across town from one another, whichever gets picked up with allocation first will get my money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission