Truck leans to one side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02escalade

Reaction score
Having a issue with my truck 02 2 wd Escalade I’m not really sure what to look for .. anyway then suv is leaning to one side in the front and back .. I have 2 inch drop spindles adj keys blisten all around hotckins sway bars front and rear and a adj panhandle bar also eibach springs in rear with about 8 years and 40k miles on them and 24 rims .. I don’t know why it’s leaning it’s very Noticeable ..bad shocks ?? Anything to do with the keys ?? I noticed it a little after having a new differtial put in also on highway if I hit say a small pothole or anything it wobbles side to side .. any advice I would appreciate as I’m not very familiar with all this stuff Iv heard of the Chevy lean but I don’t think that’s the cause

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all of those lean to the driver side.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Shocks wouldn’t do that unless one side was too short. Shocks only control rebound and dampening.
Gonna have to measure stuff. Park on level ground and measure frame height between right and left, control arm, diff tube and body. Could be sagging body mounts on one side. My 02 doesn’t have a lean to it.
097EAD35-6814-4AB0-A42C-989512B92719.jpeg

OP
OP
02escalade

02escalade

Reaction score
Well the driver side sits higher the passenger side of the truck is still lowered at the same height when it was lowered what would cause the one side to raise up higher now ?? A and like I said there a lot of side to side motion

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called the chevy lean.

You can adjust your suspension to take care of it. Move the lower side keys up. Then they sell cup extensions in the rear for the springs (basically using them as a lift kit to make it level)

OP
OP
02escalade

02escalade

Reaction score
So what does it all of a sudden just happened I’m just curious ?? So basically I’d be taken away the lowered stance then correct ?? If I raise the lower side up that’s the side that still the height When the truck was lowered with 2 inch drop spindles …and adj keys …. The side that is low is still the same height when the truck was lowered years ago …. So what would cause one side to raise up??? I understand the Chevy Lean part I’m just not understanding what would cause a side to raise up from being lowered ??

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called the chevy lean.

You can adjust your suspension to take care of it. Move the lower side keys up. Then they sell cup extensions in the rear for the springs (basically using them as a lift kit to make it level)
But he said his driver side is higher than the passenger side which is opposite of the Chevy lean.

OP
OP
02escalade

02escalade

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that message would fix it I just can’t pinpoint why all of a sudden the driver side would go up not down so basically if I level it out I’m going to take away the drop aspect of the truck I’m baffled at why the Driver side would raise up front and back

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Have you taken any side to side measurements yet? I'm curious as to what the issue is. Btw--where in NJ are you? I'm in NJ too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts