Tried “Touchless Sealant” for first time - initially impressed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried Carpro Hydro2 Touchless Sealant this weekend and have to say, was super skeptical that it would fully coat and not just coat in the spots it actually sprayed the droplets onto. Initial results feel super smooth and slick to the fingers and water beaded like crazy. Super easy to use, just wash car and leave wet, spray the Hydro2 onto the car, rinse, dry off and done. No wiping, no buffing off. Will see how longevity is, they claim between 3 and 6 months so we will see if that holds true. If so, this is a huge time saver and back/elbow/shoulder saver at least for me with no wiping and buffing. Can apply to whole car, wheels, plastic, paint, glass, etc.

There are other similar products from Adams, Griots, etc. that look just as easy to use.

I did my Denali with the Hydro2 this weekend and the wife’s X5 with my standard go-to (cheap!) Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine. Both looked about the same from a shine perspective, both felt about the same slickness to the touch. Will see how they hold up against each other.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your post, and please keep us updated on how that Sealant wears with time.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics from the rain today, Beading looks pretty good. I’ll try to get a horizontal surface like the hood once the rain lets up. Again impressed that this stuff coats the whole panel just by spraying on and rinsing off, my brain feels like it’s a trick and the coating should just be there where the actual spray droplets touched the paint but beading says otherwise. Crazy.

7500D300-52AC-4396-9FA3-74F443B92FA2.jpeg151C959A-2EA8-40BA-ADF1-CB3CED02537A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt