Transmission dipstick blowout!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arowsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, anybody ever have their tranny dipstick blow out? Just noticed this morning that there was some obvious leakeage in the engine bay and popped the hood to see the locking tranny dipstick had popped out and fluid had spewed all over the engine bay. Is this an indication of something wrong in the transmission? Should there normally be pressure there? Any and all comments welcome and thanks!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fluid boiled over, more then likely needs to be changed. 202K on the tranny??

OP
OP
A

arowsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply! 243k on the tranny. Started to have trouble shifting completely into overdrive the other day. I may have the pan dropped and fluid changed to see if that helps. Any chance this could be caused by a blockage somewhere in the system causing it to relieve itself out the dipstick? Sorry for the barrage of questions!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
fix it.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

need to disconnect it and make sure it is blown free of debris and clogs. there are two problems that would cuase fluid to blow out of vent. 1. TV limit valve stuck or 2. chamfer in oil pump body to large. because you vent line my be plugged i believe it decided to go out the dipstick instead. :imo:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By that he means Replace the Line or take it off and see if you can't Blow out whats blocking the passageway

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn thats a lot of miles on the tranny, not sure I've heard of anyone else having that many without rebuilding it. If its starting have issues you might not want to change the fluid till it dies completely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove