Transmission changing from auto to manual on its own.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 Tahoe it is the 6.2 and 90000 on it. 3rd day it gave a stability error and engine code. Took back to dealer they said it was a transmission code that set it off code cleared no issues. Today going down the road the cruise cuts itself off and im seeing the trans go from L7 back to auto. When I get to my destination the door locks start cycling. Any ideas what’s going on. Thanks for help in advance.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, electrical gremlins for sure. I'm hoping you have some sort of warranty with purchase? Might want to start with power and ground connections, especially if you live in a salt state. Or, you may have some sort of computer getting flakey, which would require dealer assistance.

OP
OP
B

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I have a warranty can return it for a few more days. Ball is in their court on how I react.

OP
OP
B

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a message today from dealership my Tahoe. “it has interface module issues... I’m not sure what that means I’m guessing a flakey computer?

OP
OP
B

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer put a human interface module on and it did not fix it going back to dealer

OP
OP
B

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks for that. So let me say it in a different way. Some models and especially some certain years will have more trouble with one issue than others. Like the 2018 we’re known to have some transmission issues is kinda what I was asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen