Trans temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can add a gauge for less than $100. Why go through the hassle to try and make the torque app work?

I have scan gage 2 andbit is showing the trans temp

But keep in mind I found out that my 98 trans has been replaced by a 2001 model trans

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 95 shows trans temp with the right software too. It's gotta be something with that app for the phone.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I have scan gage 2 andbit is showing the trans temp

But keep in mind I found out that my 98 trans has been replaced by a 2001 model trans
tranny year is somewhat irrelevant as far as 1998 to 2001 units. it is the pcm that provides it to the scan gauge. the temp sensor has been there since it was a 4l60e or newer.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tranny year is somewhat irrelevant as far as 1998 to 2001 units. it is the pcm that provides it to the scan gauge. the temp sensor has been there since it was a 4l60e or newer.

Then it should work right?

By the way I want to know what cause or why the transmission heat up? Some times when I am in traffic I noticed the trans heat up but when I am cruising on a high way it doesn't do that even though it did it yesterday :(

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cools like the coolant in the engine, no air flow over the cooler = higher temps. If your temps are climbing much more then 20 degrees then your fluid is probable past the point it can still protect and lube properly and needs to be changed at this point.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cools like the coolant in the engine, no air flow over the cooler = higher temps. If your temps are climbing much more then 20 degrees then your fluid is probable past the point it can still protect and lube properly and needs to be changed at this point.

Tgank you I was thinking tge same I agree :)

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
If you are having problems with heat, get a bigger transmission cooler and maybe put a fan on it.

3500 series trucks sometimes had a bigger cooler and a fan.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are having problems with heat, get a bigger transmission cooler and maybe put a fan on it.

True I searched locally for it as spare parts but I couldn't find it (they say it is too old!!) And I don't have the part number to search by the number maybe it was used for another model 2001 and up

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've been looking for something like that, do the coolers from the 3500 size and bigger just bolt up? Or is there a lot of cutting and modifying required to get them to fit? I've already for a 3 row radiator, the oil cooler, and tranny cooler in the front of mine. Not sure how the spacing and size would work with swapping out the stock tranny cooler for a bigger one. I'm having my tranny rebuilt here shortly and am trying to take every precaution to make sure it lasts (including having a reputable shop do the rebuild).

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for something like that, do the coolers from the 3500 size and bigger just bolt up? Or is there a lot of cutting and modifying required to get them to fit? I've already for a 3 row radiator, the oil cooler, and tranny cooler in the front of mine. Not sure how the spacing and size would work with swapping out the stock tranny cooler for a bigger one. I'm having my tranny rebuilt here shortly and am trying to take every precaution to make sure it lasts (including having a reputable shop do the rebuild).

I assume that it should be a direct fit using the same fitting as tge small one

I really hope so :(