Trans shudder SB for 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brewder

Reaction score
Truck is at the dealership this week for a list of issues.. severe water leak from the shark fin antenna (sigh)... oil change... attempt to buff out some scratches in the lift gate (don't ask), and to check out the shudder issue. The issue isn't terribly pronounced so my gut feeling is that they "won't be able to reproduce" and they won't want to touch it.

I'm ultimately looking to replace this ride with a 2021 Denali or Tahoe High Country. I want the 6.2L V8 and few extra inches that the 2021 model got in the refresh.... those are pretty expensive right now so I may end up keeping the 2017 for another year or two.

I'll post whatever I hear back from the dealership this week.

//Brew

OP
OP
B

Brewder

Reaction score
Purchased our 2016 Denali Yukon XL in 2018 w/ 50K miles and at that time trans issue was addressed before purchase, now has 86K. My question anyone have video or can explain what the shudder is? I do have snap-on solus scanner and how could I use it to check for issue/record/? I'm retired and spent 40+ years on VW/Audi line but not well versed on GM for checking this issue. thanks

BTW, still got extended warranty policy until spring 2023.
To me, the shudder is like a pulsating feeling while under light/medium acceleration. I feel it most, I think, in 2nd gear heading to 3rd... Sometimes I'll also feel it after a downshift from 3rd to 2nd and again under acceleration.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It feels like you are going over rumble strips or railroad tracks when g
Shifting through the gears. You'll want to monitor trans line pressure I believe as well as TCC slippage

OP
OP
B

Brewder

Reaction score
My wife spoke to the dealership yesterday... they said they took care of everything I requested (except the tailgate scratches).. I'm anxious to pick up the truck today and read the service report. I'll be driving it to work for the next few days so i'll report back how it goes for anyone following this thread.

OP
OP
B

Brewder

Reaction score
Well I'm shocked. My wife picked up the Tahoe today... They replaced the Torque converter under CPO warranty (reminder, this thing is a 2017 with only 44k on the clock). I'm thrilled and very anxious to drive it the next few days. I have the list of parts on the service slip if anyone is interested...but I know most of you would be most interested in the fluid they used:

(12) quarts of DEX6: K19293024

//Brew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts