Trans Question - Rough shift 1st and 2nd gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes, just like that. I'll check that out tonight and report back. Also my eyes aren't warm to these trucks yet, but does my suspension look sagged?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Hard to tell from the pic. I'd park on level ground and measure the gap between the tire and the body.

OP
OP
D

dwinters14

Reaction score
Okay I attached the little card that's in the glove box. I have to decipher it. In terms of the ride, I measured 33 1/4" between the rear fender and the ground, 32 7/8" from the front fender to the ground and approx 70" tall to the roof, not the rack.

IMG_20200709_202430.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Okay I attached the little card that's in the glove box. I have to decipher it. In terms of the ride, I measured 33 1/4" between the rear fender and the ground, 32 7/8" from the front fender to the ground and approx 70" tall to the roof, not the rack.

View attachment 252060
I wonder if you're lowered at all. Seems a bit low.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's the "shit and git" gear. Same as mine. Not the best on fuel mileage but when want to get out of the way, it performs great. With a completely stock engine and that Corvette servo I have installed, it is quite fun at times.

OP
OP
D

dwinters14

Reaction score
I wonder if you're lowered at all. Seems a bit low.

It does. Stock height is 77". The shocks on the back are blue, I don't know if that's the standard colour.

I see you have the G80 3.73 rear.

That's the "shit and git" gear. Same as mine. Not the best on fuel mileage but when want to get out of the way, it performs great. With a completely stock engine and that Corvette servo I have installed, it is quite fun at times.

So does that mean what my transmission is doing is normal?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It does. Stock height is 77". The shocks on the back are blue, I don't know if that's the standard colour.

So does that mean what my transmission is doing is normal?

Normal? Can't tell by just the info given so far. If it is shifting like my trans is after the Corvette servo, then yes, but cannot tell from what has been shared so far. The only difference mine did was just a more firm shift and less soft shift like factory. I also know that the servo is able to be adjusted and if the same servo is in your trans and adjusted wrong, then that could cause a different feel. This is who I got my kit from and what they offer and this is the servo with the adjustment option: https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/product/OPT-CV-Pin.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons