Tranny spraying fluid after installing vette servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
FML....i installed my servo today...took me a few hours between some other stuff i had going on.....watched the videos over and over including today to make sure everything was installed correctly... so i went for a drive in the neighborhood and it wasnt shifting correctly so i drove back to the house very slowly and noticed it was smoking.....pulled in the garage and jacked it up....fluid everywhere....too hot to touch anything now.....what should i do...or rather what did i do wrong....the snap link ring was a b#*$ to put back on...im hoping that that is whats wrong.....any help is greatly appreciated

just an update...pulled the heat shield and the snaplink fell out so i think i didnt get it in there enough........thats a tight area anyways....can someone tell me the best way to insure i have it in there correctly....and i heard a little metal on metal when it was limping back....so should i put in the second vette servo....bought two by mistake....lol

Last edited:

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
Sounds like you pinched or tore the big (green?) o-ring. I had ordered my kit it cost about $15. When I stopped at a local trans shop to get a spare o-ring in case I screwed up they wanted $12. I made a note to be careful instead.

Hopefully you didn't crack the cover or gouge the case.

Ed

OP
OP
Drgnblood

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
cover is not cracked...not sure about inside case....

ok i pulled the parts and the case is fine as far as i can see in there....the servo it self is fine as well...i think it was a simple case of not getting that snaplink seated correctly....as it fell out as soon as i pulled the heat shield....so whats the best way to get that sucker in their correctly

New update....after going back out and messing around with it....i failed to seat the snaplink in correctly...got it back in there and put 5 quarts back in the tranny....everything is running like a charm now......can tell a difference in the shift as well

Last edited:

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I'm doing mine Sunday, any tips? Anything you found out the hard way aside form the snap ring? What ended up working best for getting it back in there?

OP
OP
Drgnblood

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
I'm doing mine Sunday, any tips? Anything you found out the hard way aside form the snap ring? What ended up working best for getting it back in there?

i just used the handle end of a long screw driver to put pressure on the cover....then i used a flat tip to make sure i seated the snap link in correctly...not a lot of room to work around in though...took me some time but i think i could do it quicker now that i know..good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia