Tranny Problem(don't know whats wrong)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
then that means either your parking sprawl lock is broken or the output shaft is not moving hence problem appears to be contained in the tranny. your next step is to remove the t-case and while in park try to move the output shaft. if it does not move assume you prawl work and the tranny at this point must be torn down for inspection. if you wiggle it around and have movement, you may get lucky and just have to replace the output shaft.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then that means either your parking sprawl lock is broken or the output shaft is not moving hence problem appears to be contained in the tranny. your next step is to remove the t-case and while in park try to move the output shaft. if it does not move assume you prawl work and the tranny at this point must be torn down for inspection. if you wiggle it around and have movement, you may get lucky and just have to replace the output shaft.

Well i'm only a half a$$ backyard mechanic and know nothing about tranny's...so i guess ill just drag it to a shop and let them have a look at it...plus it is broken down 300 miles away from me right now b/c it happened while i was on the rode visiting family for the holidays....anyways I found a transmission shop not far from where I left it that offers a 3yr 36,000 mile warranty so im wondering if it might be cheaper for them to do a rebuild.... is there a place i can get a decent build list to give the tranny shop something to go off of for the build

And thanks for all the Help guys..greatly appreciated

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so am i pretty much just trying to get them to upgrade mine to the same specs as a 4L65E.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well you can do that to that technically is a bump up from an 4l60e. they typically dont put in the new planetary and maybe a few other things.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the more I look into rebuilding my 4L60E the more it scares me...wish I had the ability to do away with it and install a manual transmission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n