Trailering Camera (GM Part 84946379)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but that sounds freakin cool and I didn't know it existed. Any idea where the camera mounts? Rear of trailer maybe like a backup camera? Where does the other end of the wire connect to on the tahoe?

Also, I've never heard of vehicles with the "trailer camera package". Terrible website description of this part.

OP
OP
M

mickeyfickymix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya I’m not sure... my 21 HC came with the max tow package and on the camera screen I see a trailer option... I guess it mounts anywhere you see fit on the trailer

seems to be hard wired and of course no instructions...

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I’m not sure... my 21 HC came with the max tow package and on the camera screen I see a trailer option... I guess it mounts anywhere you see fit on the trailer

seems to be hard wired and of course no instructions...
I think that button is for the hitch view. In addition to that button on the camera screen you should have a separate trailer app on the home screen. I think it's called the advanced Trailer system on the window sticker and comes with the max tow package. I assume if we have this then our trucks are equipped for this part but would help to have more info about setup.

Jim Meehan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am very interested to add this to my 2021 Suburban, but as far as I can tell, none of the required RPO codes are available on 2021 GM SUVs -- only on pickups. Would love to know if it might be possible to retrofit -- if it's just the wiring harness from the dash to the rear bumper, or if there's more to it than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts