Trailer break system warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon Xl Denali and today the service trailer system came and and keeps coming on. Is there any way to disable? And I read this could be the switch itself going bad. Has anyone else had this issue thanks in advance for the help.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon Xl Denali and today the service trailer system came and and keeps coming on. Is there any way to disable? And I read this could be the switch itself going bad. Has anyone else had this issue thanks in advance for the help.
Mine goes off once in a blue moon and it’s annoying as hell. Your trailer brake has modules behind the spare tire. You can try to lower the tire, unplug the modules and clean out the plugs with compressed air. It seemed to help my issue

OP
OP
B

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine goes off once in a blue moon and it’s annoying as hell. Your trailer brake has modules behind the spare tire. You can try to lower the tire, unplug the modules and clean out the plugs with compressed air. It seemed to help my issue
Is there just one module back behind the spare of is it labeled somehow? thanks for the info.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there just one module back behind the spare of is it labeled somehow? thanks for the info.
There’s 2 that look similar. I forget exactly what they look like. As soon as you drop the tire, you’ll identify them immediately. It’s been a while since I did it so I don’t exactly remember.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just saying that on my 2011 I had that warning come on a few times last year so I found and cleaned the four? grounds underneath the truck on the frame. It was easy and cured the problem. Maybe the 2019 is similar.

OP
OP
B

Bamafan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just saying that on my 2011 I had that warning come on a few times last year so I found and cleaned the four? grounds underneath the truck on the frame. It was easy and cured the problem. Maybe the 2019 is similar.
I’ll try that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk