Trail fix tool kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got to use my trail kit! One of your suggestions (that' I've never carried) came to the rescue!

I use the bailing wire! My muffler broke.

PS. Sure glad I didn't make it over that rock in the video hahahaha. Wish I had people to come with me more often. I call them up and they're like, huh? We're busy, while I'm jumping my 6.0L tahoe drifting sideways around trails haha

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a video while out camping.For camping trips we have a 5 inch memory foam mattress you can see it in the video. Also 7 gallons of water with an electric pump.
What is your rear bumper? I want to trim my rear quarter panel. It's freak'n ridiculous. I catch the back all the time, not so much the front more the back. They could have had STELLAR approach and departure angles on these trucks but instead they put these massive honking pumpers and molding.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an old photo of my tool kit. Since then I have added a 1/2 inch impact wrench, a Fluke multi-meter, a small plastic box with extra bulbs for every light in the truck and a lot of elect repair and misc repair items, a few larger sockets. I have onboard Air two ways CO2 tank and compressor. I can hook up all four 35's at once to air up or down in under 5 minutes. 7 Gal water. extra motor and trans oil. The camo pads on top black out the windows there are enough to cover all side and the rear window.
View attachment 346487

All of this fits under my rear rack system along with 7 days of food and other comfort gear. I have a much larger trauma bag now too. This is my daily driver and at anytime it is good for at least a week in the wilderness... Other stuff not shown is ammo and a few firearms and my cooking kit.
View attachment 346488

Here is a video with a little more detail of what I carry...

Where did you find the plastic totes? Those look pretty durable. I'm using cheep plastic totes right now.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
My bumpers are made by Fab Four (discontinued now) there are some very high clearance tube type bumpers out there..

The plastic bins are ammo cases made by MTM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat