Traction on DIC coming on more often

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at slow sppeds the car will slow down and Traction Active/On will flash on the DIC. it happened every once in a while but lately its been doing alot more on slow accelerations from stops or out of parking. I have AWD with a button to turn off stability control. when i turn off the stability control it doesnt happen at all. when i turn it back on...it comes back. where should i look first? i recently changed front rotors/brake pads. 2004 chevy tahoe v8 AWD 5.3L 115k

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the treadwear the same height on all the tires? AWD do not like tires with different tread depths even on the same axle. Did you ever pick up a Tech2?

they should be? i bought 4 terra grappler at at the same time been rotating them as they should be done. nah i havent

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since you did the brakes before this occurred I would go back and check all your abs sensor connectors be sure they are all snug and clean, check the wires for any damages, maybe even clean the sensor heads up and see if the problem goes away, I would also check your front wheel hubs for play.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay since its cooling down gonna get the car on jacks and check and clean the front ones hopefully this up coming week. anyone got a particulalry good vid to watch for reference or any tips for cleaning these things?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just wipe them off with maybe some degreaser and a toothbrush or just a clean rag it might not make any difference they sometimes get grease on them from the hub or maybe a light surface rust, I believe the sensor is magnetic anyway but at least this way you can get a good look at them and the wires and connectors maybe the issue is just a poor connection that is affected by heat or cold or vibration.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
serious update:

okay so i got new ABS speed sensors to install. far as i could tell the ones i had were factory and i might as well replace them if im gonna get down to them to clean it. so i get the old ones off...they looked damaged. the cover around the copper coils insidr were cracked and the drive side just spun loose when i loosened it. i figured okay this is gonna fix it. seems i was wrong im installed the new ones and put everytning back. i start up the truck and get U107 code and a reduced engine power on the DIC. i was like hmm maybe the new sensors are messing wit the computer. i dissconect the battery to see if ittl restart fine i dunno. so i do that...no reduced power code nothing.i go to drive and bam the car is stopping short...stalling brakes hitting every few feet or on acceleration. traction active is on the dic. im like wtf bro. so i turn off the TC to see what happens its a little better. wher ei was working on the car i couldnt leave it so i limped home. the longer i drove it got more and more normal. the car started to drive normal, even better than before i put the new sensors, after a while but now i have service brake system and brake/abs lights on the DIC. goin to the mechanic tomrrow but anyone know what i should expect ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667