Traction control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happens whenever I start up my truck in the morning and back down the drive way and then put it in to drive. The truck slows and makes a sound like the gears are slipping or like it's not in gear. When this happens, I get the message "Traction Control Active" on the dash screen behind the steering wheel. Any ideas?

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my yukon, when i took off from a stop i would get the traction active light too. it was a faulty speed sensor in the front hub. the computer was getting a false reading and it would activate the traction control.

OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm bringin the truck in to my local goldstein gmc to get some other things fixed, I will suggest this. Thanks sasquach!

stscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 05 Tahoe, last week I was at a light and when I drove off and got to 20mph my Tahoe made a grinding noise and the Traction Control Light came on. I can drive 5 mph but after that the grinding noise, The next day I had a buddy who works on trans and when he and I drove the Tahoe no problems and no Traction Control Light ???? The Tahoe acts like nothing happen ?? I drove it like a Vette. What can cause this to come and go ??

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search in the tech forum i believe, ya gotta pull the caliper, pull the rotor. Expose the abs sensor. Remove sensor, sand down the hub where the sensor bolts in. Paint area, i used battery terminal paint. And reinstall. The sensor is no.longer making contact with hub because of curosion. Solved my problem. I couldnt roll a stop sign. I or pull into a parking spot slow with out it kicking in.

dbooksta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on a 2004 Yukon: At speeds below 20mph, light acceleration will occasionally produce the "Traction Active" dash notice and briefly brake and/or reduce power. I haven't had it happen with stability control system shut off.

Any tricks to figure out which wheel's sensor is bad?

BTW, this appears to be the thread on replacing a sensor.

Sir Lapalot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Temporary fix: disable the traction control (by hitting the trac ctrl button) till it's fixed.
bit of a pain to remember to do EVERY TIME you drive it, but better than the alternative

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900