TPW delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re using palsapp I think you want to see the following destination name “GM PLANT TO RAIL SHUTTLE”
I just googled pals app and put in my vin. Destination says GM PLANT TO RAIL SHUTTLE and there is a Freight bill number. What would the next step be and is there a way to get more details with the freight bill number?

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just googled pals app and put in my vin. Destination says GM PLANT TO RAIL SHUTTLE and there is a Freight bill number. What would the next step be and is there a way to get more details with the freight bill number?
That means your car is loaded on a train on its way to your local delivery hub. Sometimes you get lucky asking for updates from GM chat and they’ll let you know when it gets to the hub, but your dealer is probably your best source of updates now.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That means your car is loaded on a train on its way to your local delivery hub. Sometimes you get lucky asking for updates from GM chat and they’ll let you know when it gets to the hub, but your dealer is probably your best source of updates now.
So the palsapp site will not update when it arrives to the destination?

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the palsapp site will not update when it arrives to the destination?
Not usually. Usually it just shows the delivery to the rail yard near the factory. And it looks like any discussion about Palsapp may be irrelevant now anyways because consumers can no longer track by VIN on their website.

bscress

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have been soaking up a ton of the info here - sounds like everyone is living very similar experiences. So, outside of calling the dealer, there's no way (currently) track a vehicle? According to my dealer the vehicle has been sitting at the rail destination (only 100 miles from dealer) for weeks. Sounds like the only option is waiting for a truck to accept the load and deliver to dealer. Until then we can't get our hands on it. Anyone else have experience with this--a truck sitting at the rail depot for extended periods and anyway to troubleshoot or work around it (only talking 100 miles).

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a message chat with GMC and now the agents are refusing to give out any "Event Codes" stating that it confuses people about their order! What a joke their chat is!

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you use to be able to tell when GM screwed up by status codes and Palsapp. Now GM removed them because it was confusing the truth from what the chat rep was saying.

By the way, if you tell them they are ignorant for typing the canned response like your scheduled for the week of 2/7 and it is now the 17th they threaten you with not being allowed to use message us/chat anymore. Told them the were a useless waste of 26 minutes and I won't miss them, ever.

Reaction score
Just had a message chat with GMC and now the agents are refusing to give out any "Event Codes" stating that it confuses people about their order! What a joke their chat is!
Yep, they have always told me in chat they’re unable to provide codes.

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what mine says as of this morning: Chevy chat said congrats your car has been produced and here is the VIN. No update from dealer. Delivered to Midlothian, TX STRG on Feb 15th.
Have you asked your dealer for an update? Curious what event code you’re currently at. The chip hold event code is 4D00. My 2/7 TPW order has been sitting at 3800 since early last week, but my dealer told me that they’ve had cars hit the lot that never updated past 3800.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMT 900 nut