TPMS Service: Tire Monitor System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ. A few days ago while driving my TPMS sensor said low for the rear left tire. Then it went down to 0. An hour later the front left did the same thing. Both were showing 0. Sometimes it went to 14psi and back down to 0. Now the TPMS monitor shows -- for both tires. Another thing is when I start the vehicle I get a notification that say's 'Service' Tire Monitor System with a dismiss button.

What would be the cause of this? I have aftermarket wheels and using ACDelco sensors.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not that old. Some of the handheld scanners/programmers will test the sensors and tell you if they are bad.

Both of my front sensors went out on my 06 Suburban, I think within a short timeframe. I'm assuming they had all been replaced by the PO?

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I bought the sensors when I installed the wheels back in 1/2021. ACDelco GM Original Equipment 13598772.
I'll check to see if the battery is low with the programmer tool. I forgot it has that feature.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ. A few days ago while driving my TPMS sensor said low for the rear left tire. Then it went down to 0. An hour later the front left did the same thing. Both were showing 0. Sometimes it went to 14psi and back down to 0. Now the TPMS monitor shows -- for both tires. Another thing is when I start the vehicle I get a notification that say's 'Service' Tire Monitor System with a dismiss button.

What would be the cause of this? I have aftermarket wheels and using ACDelco sensors.
If you know someone with an advanced scan tool or you have an OBDII adapter and one of those Apple apps that can read BCM codes, you can find out what's wrong and then deal with it accordingly.

It is not unusual for the sensors to fail together.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Now all the sensors are showing --

OBDII adapter shows the following codes:
C0760-29(confirmed)
C0755(confirmed)

C0755-29(Historical)

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I checked all the tires and they are around 32-33psi. I guess the next step is to replace all sensors. Unless anyone has other suggestions to check

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts