TPMS Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently replaced? From my searches, it seems that OEM AC Delco is the way to go. Does anyone have other opinions? Where's the best place to purchase from?

Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that the MHZ frequency of the TPMS sensors you purchase match the MHZ frequency of your truck's receiver, as the MHZ frequency is not the same for all years.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Amazon is full of choices much cheaper. I won’t post a link to the ones I bought because only 3 out of 4 worked. But I bought a second set and returned it with the faulty one swapped in. PITA but I did save a bunch of money. If I really cared about TPMS as a safety feature I’d buy OEM. For me it was just the cheapest option to kill the idiot light.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OE units that came in my truck in 2007, lasted a very long trouble free time.

I replaced them when I was getting tires a while back with non-OE (whatever the shop was installing at the time) and have had glitches a few times with a few of them (usually only relearning required). The next time I buy tires, I am going to get the Denso metal stem jobs installed all around. I suspect my TPMS servicing issues go back to the first 10 year profile.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM ones last about 10 years. If you don’t care and have a tire shop that will replace them for cheap I guess you could get the cheap ones although ACDelcos aren’t too expensive so I don’t see the point in trying to save a few bucks.

OP
OP
VDV18

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I truly don't care about trying to save money on these, I just want to make sure that the ones I end up getting last and aren't faulty so I'm running back to the shop. Mark did I see in one of the threads that you used AC Delco? If yes, best place to purchase from?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently replaced? From my searches, it seems that OEM AC Delco is the way to go. Does anyone have other opinions? Where's the best place to purchase from?

Thanks

I buy my OE sensors off of ebay. Way less expensive than anywhere else I've looked. Try to get them still in the bags, I bought some take offs from a fleet of 2016s in 2017 and they are still working just fine. My logs show them to last about seven years in Yankee winters.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I truly don't care about trying to save money on these, I just want to make sure that the ones I end up getting last and aren't faulty so I'm running back to the shop. Mark did I see in one of the threads that you used AC Delco? If yes, best place to purchase from?
Yes I use ACDelco and I believe I got them off eBay but might have been Amazon. Be sure to read the reviews, especially the negative ones. I’ve seen some being sold that some buyers say only worked for a few months. I saw some buyers saying they looked used and weren’t in a sealed ACDelco bag like they’re supposed to be.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some on ac delco on eBay, lasted about a month before 2 of em went out. Ended up going to discount tire and got all 4 replaced there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE