TPMS Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some on ac delco on eBay, lasted about a month before 2 of em went out. Ended up going to discount tire and got all 4 replaced there

Call me a skeptic, but “AC Delco” and eBay really puts me off.

I guess we all face the possibility of buying knock offs through any channel, but rubber stemmed cheapie looking genuine AC Delco sensors, just seem ripe for China knock off status.

I went looking for the metal stemmed AC Delco sensors and a few sites said they were discontinued and the newer style rubber stemmed ones were all they sold. More worries...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me a skeptic, but “AC Delco” and eBay really puts me off.

I guess we all face the possibility of buying knock offs through any channel, but rubber stemmed cheapie looking genuine AC Delco sensors, just seem ripe for China knock off status.

I went looking for the metal stemmed AC Delco sensors and a few sites said they were discontinued and the newer style rubber stemmed ones were all they sold. More worries...

Yep, have to be very diligent in separating the wheat from the chaff.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are LOTS of knock-off AC Delco sensors on eBay. I ordered some and they were trash -- they didn't even last 1 season. Be very careful.

I think it is pretty universally regarded in the tire world that OE TPMS sensors are the only thing worth installing on any car/truck. Even OEM is not regarded very well.

On the other hand I had a very good experience with Titan TPMS sensors. They are a small, U.S. company, that are trying to make a dent in the aftermarket TPMS market with good products. One of their new sensors wasn't syncing to the Hoe; I called and instantly got customer service. They next-day mailed me out a programmer, and walked me through training the sensor (on a Saturday BTW). Everything has been perfect since. I think their customer service was one of the best I've ever had.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VDV18

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some on ac delco on eBay, lasted about a month before 2 of em went out. Ended up going to discount tire and got all 4 replaced there

Out of curiosity, any idea what they use?

OP
OP
VDV18

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing just crossed my mind......maybe someone actually knows, maybe it's just a can of worms. Let's say they last 8 years before the battery dies in at least one of them. When purchasing new stock, do manufacturers indicate when the 'batch' was made? I.E. if the 'batch' was made in 2016 but never used, you'd only have 3 years of use before they die.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing just crossed my mind......maybe someone actually knows, maybe it's just a can of worms. Let's say they last 8 years before the battery dies in at least one of them. When purchasing new stock, do manufacturers indicate when the 'batch' was made? I.E. if the 'batch' was made in 2016 but never used, you'd only have 3 years of use before they die.
They are shipped “asleep” so the batteries aren’t being used. They have to be spun at a certain RPM for a certain duration before they become activated. I found out about this when I bought 4 new ones tried the trick of putting them in a PVC tube with a valve stem in it and pressurized the tube. They wouldn’t learn because they hadn’t been woken up. I tried every method of trying to spin them fast enough to wake them up. You should have seen me with that tube tied to a rope, spinning it above my head. I think it might have been the orientation they were in, idk. But as soon as a tire store put them inside my wheels and spun them, they woke up.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did not provide your truck's details, but on Rock Auto for my 07 Yukon XL Denali, it has AcDelco original equipment TPMS sensors for $43 each.

Gregory M Bone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TPMS has been a real PITA on my'07 Tahoe.

I have paid too much for sensor replacements over the years.

What is a fair price for OEM sensor replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts