Tow Truck Ripped Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the only right answer here is to see if they would cut you a check and just have someone do a quick repair. nothing reported to Carfax

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I had my 2018 Tahoe towed, we couldn’t put it in Neutral. The tow cable was struggling to even move Tahoe , fear cable might snap or rip frame. This is a know issue with Tahoes. I ended up opening dash below steering column and was able to shift gear manually.

How do you go through a car wash that requires you being in neutral? Just curious.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you go through a car wash that requires you being in neutral? Just curious.
You put it in N.

There are 2 modes, one if you remain in the vehicle, simply push N, and it stays there.
The other, as documented in the Owners Manual to leave it in N after you leave the car is:
Apply Brake Pedal
Open the Door
Shift to N
Turn off the Engine
Exit the Vehicle
Close the door

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put it in N.

There are 2 modes, one if you remain in the vehicle, simply push N, and it stays there.
The other, as documented in the Owners Manual to leave it in N after you leave the car is:
Apply Brake Pedal
Open the Door
Shift to N
Turn off the Engine
Exit the Vehicle
Close the door
That electronic shifting is probably one of the biggest deterrents for me about the new tahoes/trucks. What the heck? Do we really need ONE MORE electronic thing to fail and/or control US the driver? No Bueno

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J
That electronic shifting is probably one of the biggest deterrents for me about the new tahoes/trucks. What the heck? Do we really need ONE MORE electronic thing to fail and/or control US the driver? No Bueno
And you can’t put it in neutral if the engine can’t run.

Reaction score
Yes, me too.

Also how long did they have your vehicle to repair the lifter?

My 2023 Denali (3600 miles) is at the dealer being diagnosed now. Engine shut off and died while driving. Had similar issues towing but ended up waiting 6 hours for a tow truck with dollies. He clamped down on my wheels pretty hard but he did tape my rims and he seemed pretty careful.

35A58F9C-6972-4A12-B526-BF4B8164CE35.jpeg