Totally disgusted with my 15 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mistake as I assumed with all the condenser issues that was the underlying problem with your compressor failure and it would have been covered. I hope from this point forward you have a problem free experience. Yours is the first I remember reading on here about the compressor going out.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bummer, ya I referenced ebay simply because it was a simple link but compressors can generally be found in the $250 range, sucks when there is none in stock though and you gotta have it. It can be self satisfying to invest in a basic set of tools and try to do as many repairs as possible yourself, I realize doing a a/c system not something everyone can do in there garage but many other things are fairly easy and can save you a lot of money making vehicle ownership more gratifying something like a alternator going bad can run big bucks at the dealer or any shop when it can be done yourself in just a few minutes with just the cost of the part, mechanics charge by what is called "book rate", so they reference a guide that says this job takes "2 hours" when the fact is after you have done numerous times it really only takes 45 minutes, but they never tell you that and just charge the 2 hour rate. even if it does take you 2 hours or more to do it your self it didn't cost you $200.00 either. I personally try to do as many repairs myself as I can, but at the same time I have to think, is this something that is going to take me all day to do? if so then sometimes it is easier to have someone else do it there is kind of a balance between what my own time is worth versus paying to have it done. It can be beneficial also the take a few minutes once a month and visually inspect your vehicle for signs of wear, when you see something that looks like it is leaking or loose or missing you may not have even noticed while driving but sooner or later that loose leaking worn part will cause a chain reaction and take other things with it therefore increasing the cost of repairs exponentially but if you catch it sooner the cost of repair can be usually much much less, just food for thought I hope things work out better in the future with your vehicle.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve glued all appliqués back on with either gorilla glue or epoxy. Yes , it’s a joke they use ****** double sided tape.

My gps antenna failed as well. Replaced under warranty .

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The appliques come loose, but I've never seen an easier, cheaper, or more permanent DIY fix. Gorilla makes heavy-duty double sided tape now - stick some of that in there at the touch points and you're done.

mark warren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a used (but seemingly in great condition) 2015 Denali four months ago. Since the purchase, I've had the driver's side interior A pillar molding pop off. Clips broke and it had to be replaced. I've had to replace the OnStar/Sirius XM shark fin antenna - popped an error code a month into ownership due to a leak and had to be replaced. Seems to be a common problem I've seen on the forums here. The applique moldings on the doors are all coming off - another common problem I've seen on here...I've put a band aid repair of double face tape on them for now....and the latest and greatest of them all is the AC compressor ceased up and needed to be replaced to the tune of $1200. All this on a vehicle with 50k miles on it.

Needless to say I am not getting the "Professional Grade" feeling right now.
I too had a problem with the exterior pillar trims. I purchased new ones then before installing used clear silicone caulking to repair them! Worked like a charm! I recieved the a/c recall notice in the mail and asked the dealer to check it.... he said all looked good a few months ago! I looked a few days ago and you can see where it appears to be leaking into the hoses...... were about to have a different conversation when i return. I also bought my 2015 LTZ Tahoe used and have had several issues, i.e., headlight moisture, motor burnt out of telescopic steering wheel, running board light inop, front struts leaking and replaced ($1000), rear side window trims loose, a little bit of "chevy shake" beginning and now the a/c leaking...... i just got 66k and switched from a Toyota to Chevy! Pretty depressing to say the least.... i'm in agreement with you!

formula271

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a used (but seemingly in great condition) 2015 Denali four months ago. Since the purchase, I've had the driver's side interior A pillar molding pop off. Clips broke and it had to be replaced. I've had to replace the OnStar/Sirius XM shark fin antenna - popped an error code a month into ownership due to a leak and had to be replaced. Seems to be a common problem I've seen on the forums here. The applique moldings on the doors are all coming off - another common problem I've seen on here...I've put a band aid repair of double face tape on them for now....and the latest and greatest of them all is the AC compressor ceased up and needed to be replaced to the tune of $1200. All this on a vehicle with 50k miles on it.

Needless to say I am not getting the "Professional Grade" feeling right now.

2015 Suburban LTZ w/42,000 purchased new in Dec 2015 (~2.5 years in service)

May 2018 -> Sharkfin antenna water intrusion failure. GM said my vehicle wasn't covered and offered zero assistance. Dealer originally quoted $600, but agreed to do it "at cost" for $400. As you're aware, this a well documented issue for which a customer satisfaction program exists to repair at no cost.

When antenna failed, prior to dealership replacing, water flowed from gasket between antenna housing and roof when pushing slightly on antenna cover. Despite obvious water issue (I kept antenna, and it still is filled with water), GM refused to acknowledge that it is related to satisfaction campain.

July 2018 -> A/C Compressor seized and snapped belt. Internal A/C compressor failure sent metal fragments throughout system, requiring replacement of A/C Compressor, Belt, all Lines, and Condenser (everything except Evaporator). Repair quoted at GM Dealer was ~$3000. GM offered zero assistance.

If anyone is interested, please ask about all the other issues with this 2.5-old-vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts