Totally disgusted with my 15 Denali

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TonyR0206, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Tahoe14

Tahoe14 Full Access Member

Name:
    Gary
    My mistake as I assumed with all the condenser issues that was the underlying problem with your compressor failure and it would have been covered. I hope from this point forward you have a problem free experience. Yours is the first I remember reading on here about the compressor going out.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Miami-Dade and swathdiver like this.
  2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    bummer, ya I referenced ebay simply because it was a simple link but compressors can generally be found in the $250 range, sucks when there is none in stock though and you gotta have it. It can be self satisfying to invest in a basic set of tools and try to do as many repairs as possible yourself, I realize doing a a/c system not something everyone can do in there garage but many other things are fairly easy and can save you a lot of money making vehicle ownership more gratifying something like a alternator going bad can run big bucks at the dealer or any shop when it can be done yourself in just a few minutes with just the cost of the part, mechanics charge by what is called "book rate", so they reference a guide that says this job takes "2 hours" when the fact is after you have done numerous times it really only takes 45 minutes, but they never tell you that and just charge the 2 hour rate. even if it does take you 2 hours or more to do it your self it didn't cost you $200.00 either. I personally try to do as many repairs myself as I can, but at the same time I have to think, is this something that is going to take me all day to do? if so then sometimes it is easier to have someone else do it there is kind of a balance between what my own time is worth versus paying to have it done. It can be beneficial also the take a few minutes once a month and visually inspect your vehicle for signs of wear, when you see something that looks like it is leaking or loose or missing you may not have even noticed while driving but sooner or later that loose leaking worn part will cause a chain reaction and take other things with it therefore increasing the cost of repairs exponentially but if you catch it sooner the cost of repair can be usually much much less, just food for thought I hope things work out better in the future with your vehicle.

3. SuperOldSchool

SuperOldSchool TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jack
    I’ve glued all appliqués back on with either gorilla glue or epoxy. Yes , it’s a joke they use shitty double sided tape.

My gps antenna failed as well. Replaced under warranty .

Charlie_GR likes this.
  4. WillCO

WillCO Full Access Member

Name:
    Will
    The appliques come loose, but I've never seen an easier, cheaper, or more permanent DIY fix. Gorilla makes heavy-duty double sided tape now - stick some of that in there at the touch points and you're done.

5. mark warren

mark warren TYF Newbie

Name:
    tony
    I too had a problem with the exterior pillar trims. I purchased new ones then before installing used clear silicone caulking to repair them! Worked like a charm! I recieved the a/c recall notice in the mail and asked the dealer to check it.... he said all looked good a few months ago! I looked a few days ago and you can see where it appears to be leaking into the hoses...... were about to have a different conversation when i return. I also bought my 2015 LTZ Tahoe used and have had several issues, i.e., headlight moisture, motor burnt out of telescopic steering wheel, running board light inop, front struts leaking and replaced ($1000), rear side window trims loose, a little bit of "chevy shake" beginning and now the a/c leaking...... i just got 66k and switched from a Toyota to Chevy! Pretty depressing to say the least.... i'm in agreement with you!