Totaled 2019 LT SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevedonato

Reaction score
Hella all I’m new to the forum and new to domestic vehicles. I purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 75k miles on it a couple months ago and I’ve been lurking the site and slowly upgrading.

I started off with 3M Crystaline 5% all around and 50% whole windshield. I had the front doors doubled and it blocks a lot of this FL heat.

Next I purchased the Movie in Motion & Wireless phone charge upgrade from MVI. Both work great btw love it. I should be getting in the mail the 2/3-4.5 Lowering kit from Tony (NorCal SS).

A friend of mine got into a multi car accident last week with his 2019 Tahoe LT. He is ok but his truck got rear frame damage so the insurance is totaling it with only 1800 miles on it! I wanted to swap out what I could from his truck to upgrade or freshen up but the most obvious wear items are different between LT / LTZ. First thought was all the leather seat but I have cooled seats up front and power folding 2/3rd rows.. his is all manual.

I wanted to de-chrome my truck but things like his mirrors are not power folding or have blind spot monitor. So that brings me here to you guys.... What would be swap/plug & play between a 2015 LTZ 2WD & 2019 LT 4WD? Both Black/Black and the only damage to his truck is in the rear. I have about a week to swap out what I can as the insurance will be picking the truck up from him when everything is finalized.. What do you guys think? Engine swap? :D
Find what the Insurance will let him buy/keep the truck for. Some time it is only a few hundred dollars. It might be worth it for say parts,new tires, engine or engine tranny spares. I had my Nissan totaled just after buying new tires. I was able to keep it by paying insurance $100. Don't hurt to ask ins. co. how much to keep the truck. Normally salvage value.

stevedonato

Reaction score
Hella all I’m new to the forum and new to domestic vehicles. I purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 75k miles on it a couple months ago and I’ve been lurking the site and slowly upgrading.

I started off with 3M Crystaline 5% all around and 50% whole windshield. I had the front doors doubled and it blocks a lot of this FL heat.

Next I purchased the Movie in Motion & Wireless phone charge upgrade from MVI. Both work great btw love it. I should be getting in the mail the 2/3-4.5 Lowering kit from Tony (NorCal SS).

A friend of mine got into a multi car accident last week with his 2019 Tahoe LT. He is ok but his truck got rear frame damage so the insurance is totaling it with only 1800 miles on it! I wanted to swap out what I could from his truck to upgrade or freshen up but the most obvious wear items are different between LT / LTZ. First thought was all the leather seat but I have cooled seats up front and power folding 2/3rd rows.. his is all manual.

I wanted to de-chrome my truck but things like his mirrors are not power folding or have blind spot monitor. So that brings me here to you guys.... What would be swap/plug & play between a 2015 LTZ 2WD & 2019 LT 4WD? Both Black/Black and the only damage to his truck is in the rear. I have about a week to swap out what I can as the insurance will be picking the truck up from him when everything is finalized.. What do you guys think? Engine swap? :D

Find out what the Insurance co. will let him buy/keep the truck for. Some times it is only a few hundred dollars. It might be worth it for say parts ,new tires, engine or engine tranny spares etc. I had my Nissan totaled just after buying new tires. I was able to keep it by paying insurance company $100. Don't hurt to ask ins. co. how much to keep the truck. Normally salvage value.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w
Find out what the Insurance co. will let him buy/keep the truck for. Some times it is only a few hundred dollars. It might be worth it for say parts ,new tires, engine or engine tranny spares etc. I had my Nissan totaled just after buying new tires. I was able to keep it by paying insurance company $100. Don't hurt to ask ins. co. how much to keep the truck. Normally salvage value.

The salvage value on my 2019 Ford Fusion with 140 miles on the odometer was $8,000. I would expect the salvage value on a 2019 Tahoe to be substantially more.

OP
OP
W

WolfBLK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I was just planning on swapping out some common wear & tear items that are still working perfectly on my truck but I couldn’t get much help figuring out what that was. Engine was too much of a task.. My friend asked his adjuster if we could swap parts without causing any issues and he said didn’t matter to him as long as it was still functioning and in good condition.
Unfortunately all I got were his floor mats :/

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just planning on swapping out some common wear & tear items that are still working perfectly on my truck but I couldn’t get much help figuring out what that was. Engine was too much of a task.. My friend asked his adjuster if we could swap parts without causing any issues and he said didn’t matter to him as long as it was still functioning and in good condition.
Unfortunately all I got were his floor mats :/

What you mean is "unfortunately all i could steal was his floor mats". The adjuster has absolutely no legal standing to allow you to remove or add parts. Using that justification for doing this is the exact same as saying "well, the tow truck driver said it was cool to do this". Being dishonest in your life will eventually have consequences for you and your (literal) partners in crime. Im sorry you dont see this, and i do hope you learn this without doing too much damage to yourself or (especially) others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645