Totaled 2019 LT SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if you swap stuff out, most of it won't work in your truck because it won't be programmed to your Vin. I also do not think this is entirely legal. The insurance company expects a top of the line LTZ, but will see that it's been stripped out and may come after your buddy for the difference in vehicle value. Now, stuff like the drivetrain probably wouldn't be noticed, but interior stuff would be noticed.
a engine is a engine, the ecm controls the engine, if they are same vin type it wont matter at all, if there different then the ecm has to be swapped, for instance a engine out of a vin T silverado will go right into a vin T yukon, tahoe, suburban, plug-n-play

OP
OP
W

WolfBLK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
.... I just want to know if there are any parts notorious for going bad that I could potentially swap out easily without any issues. Thank you for letting me know who the truck belongs to.

With 1800 miles, the insurance company is most likely treating the truck as a new truck for comparable values and will hit him for a mileage deduction. If he has accepted the terms of the insurance settlement, the truck now belongs to bye insurance company even if it has not yet been picked up.

Lt Belspur

Reaction score
Please don't do it. Leave it alone. That is insurance fraud.

You are going to screw your friend.

The insurance company will sell the vehicle for parts.

The buyer is going to check the merchandise.

This was my wife's car from her May 28th accident when a car ran a stop sign and pushed into oncoming traffic.

20190528_172857.jpg

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't do it. Leave it alone. That is insurance fraud.

You are going to screw your friend.

The insurance company will sell the vehicle for parts.

The buyer is going to check the merchandise.

This was my wife's car from her May 28th accident when a car ran a stop sign and pushed into oncoming traffic.

View attachment 226458
Hope your wife is ok LT! And, I concur with your advice.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Several years ago, I totaled a car and bought it back from my insurance company for $2,000 - then repaired it. Have your buddy check into that. Pretty unlikely that you’ll find a (good, busy) shop to do an engine swap in a couple days.

Kim Allison Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hella all I’m new to the forum and new to domestic vehicles. I purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 75k miles on it a couple months ago and I’ve been lurking the site and slowly upgrading.

I started off with 3M Crystaline 5% all around and 50% whole windshield. I had the front doors doubled and it blocks a lot of this FL heat.

Next I purchased the Movie in Motion & Wireless phone charge upgrade from MVI. Both work great btw love it. I should be getting in the mail the 2/3-4.5 Lowering kit from Tony (NorCal SS).

A friend of mine got into a multi car accident last week with his 2019 Tahoe LT. He is ok but his truck got rear frame damage so the insurance is totaling it with only 1800 miles on it! I wanted to swap out what I could from his truck to upgrade or freshen up but the most obvious wear items are different between LT / LTZ. First thought was all the leather seat but I have cooled seats up front and power folding 2/3rd rows.. his is all manual.

I wanted to de-chrome my truck but things like his mirrors are not power folding or have blind spot monitor. So that brings me here to you guys.... What would be swap/plug & play between a 2015 LTZ 2WD & 2019 LT 4WD? Both Black/Black and the only damage to his truck is in the rear. I have about a week to swap out what I can as the insurance will be picking the truck up from him when everything is finalized.. What do you guys think? Engine swap? :D
Hella all I’m new to the forum and new to domestic vehicles. I purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 75k miles on it a couple months ago and I’ve been lurking the site and slowly upgrading.

I started off with 3M Crystaline 5% all around and 50% whole windshield. I had the front doors doubled and it blocks a lot of this FL heat.

Next I purchased the Movie in Motion & Wireless phone charge upgrade from MVI. Both work great btw love it. I should be getting in the mail the 2/3-4.5 Lowering kit from Tony (NorCal SS).

A friend of mine got into a multi car accident last week with his 2019 Tahoe LT. He is ok but his truck got rear frame damage so the insurance is totaling it with only 1800 miles on it! I wanted to swap out what I could from his truck to upgrade or freshen up but the most obvious wear items are different between LT / LTZ. First thought was all the leather seat but I have cooled seats up front and power folding 2/3rd rows.. his is all manual.

I wanted to de-chrome my truck but things like his mirrors are not power folding or have blind spot monitor. So that brings me here to you guys.... What would be swap/plug & play between a 2015 LTZ 2WD & 2019 LT 4WD? Both Black/Black and the only damage to his truck is in the rear. I have about a week to swap out what I can as the insurance will be picking the truck up from him when everything is finalized.. What do you guys think? Engine swap? :D
Welcome to th

Welcome Andrew!

bradac

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I live in Orlando, FL

My Tahoe manufacturing date is 05/15
If you want to de-chrome your fog lights and rear bumper and roof rack, let me know, I live in Orlando to and has an LS and have been trying to add factory chrome.

Let me know.

Also I don’t recommend taking stuff out of the car, if it was found out after it was appraised your friend could be dropped by his insurnace company. Like I said I’m willing to make some swaps :)

fastscirocco

Reaction score
His truck will go to insurance auction where it's condition will be represented as part of a contract.
If you swap engines and someone buys the truck at auction it will be obvious to them the engine was swapped. The paper trail leads directly back to your friend.

I know it sounds simple and easy but what you are contemplating doing is insurance fraud, if caught you could go to jail.

Keep these facts in mind as you decide what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt