Totaled 2019 LT SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WolfBLK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck has factory HIDs his has Halogen. Pointless except his lens is a lot more clear then mine. Either way don’t think it would work

The headlight is a good start in case you want to DIY the DRL from lowbeams to led strip in the future.

OP
OP
W

WolfBLK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You’re right.. that’s why I never mentioned swapping the radios. He has Apple CarPlay and my truck does not. I assumed the Onstar and everything was connected so I never even considered anything that would be programmed or missed. Also.. my truck is the LTZ the 2019 is the LT. I have a lot more features then him.

Even if you swap stuff out, most of it won't work in your truck because it won't be programmed to your Vin. I also do not think this is entirely legal. The insurance company expects a top of the line LTZ, but will see that it's been stripped out and may come after your buddy for the difference in vehicle value. Now, stuff like the drivetrain probably wouldn't be noticed, but interior stuff would be noticed.

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He doesn’t care at all.. he wants to help me swap stuff out but we don’t know what’s compatible. I believe both are 5.3L V8 I don’t know how to tell if it’s a L83. I don’t know how difficult it would be to swap the motors but I wouldn’t mind swapping out the most common expensive wear & tear items since my truck is running 100%. Do you guys recommend door lock actuators or window motors, was anything under the hood upgraded from 2015-2019?

Just check the RPO codes, im sure you would know if one you guys had 6.2's so im sure they are both 5.3s....nothing under the hood was upgraded from 15-19....swapping motors would be super easy, could be accomplished in a weekend in a garage no problem...yours being the LTZ there's really nothing worth swapping over except the motor...

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take anything. It’s stealing and we would all pay for it in higher premiums

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe manufacturing date is 05/15

Our next TYF meetup will be at Orlando Speed World, no date set yet, too hot and Randy blew up his motor. I think you might have the later 2015.5, the one with the touchless liftgate and wireless phone charger and stuff, I think the switch was made in April of 2015, anyone remember?

He doesn’t care at all.. he wants to help me swap stuff out but we don’t know what’s compatible. I believe both are 5.3L V8 I don’t know how to tell if it’s a L83. I don’t know how difficult it would be to swap the motors but I wouldn’t mind swapping out the most common expensive wear & tear items since my truck is running 100%. Do you guys recommend door lock actuators or window motors, was anything under the hood upgraded from 2015-2019?

I think that while the engines and transmissions are the same, the computers or some of them are different, @BlackBearPerf would know.

How about axles, do you both have the same size rear differentials? Are you both 4x4s?

OP
OP
W

WolfBLK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He definitely doesn’t have the 6.2

I’m starting to notice a slight ticking at cold start which gave me the idea. I don’t have the resources to swap the motors so I’d have to find someone reliable and local.

Just check the RPO codes, im sure you would know if one you guys had 6.2's so im sure they are both 5.3s....nothing under the hood was upgraded from 15-19....swapping motors would be super easy, could be accomplished in a weekend in a garage no problem...yours being the LTZ there's really nothing worth swapping over except the motor...

I do have touchless lift gate and wireless phone charge that I upgraded to be able to charge my iPhone XS. My LTZ is 4x2
His LT is 4X4

Our next TYF meetup will be at Orlando Speed World, no date set yet, too hot and Randy blew up his motor. I think you might have the later 2015.5, the one with the touchless liftgate and wireless phone charger and stuff, I think the switch was made in April of 2015, anyone remember?

I think that while the engines and transmissions are the same, the computers or some of them are different, @BlackBearPerf would know.

How about axles, do you both have the same size rear differentials? Are you both 4x4s?

OP
OP
W

WolfBLK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really wish he had a RST. I hate all the chrome on my truck and wanted to black everything out but nothing on his truck is compatible

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 1800 miles, the insurance company is most likely treating the truck as a new truck for comparable values and will hit him for a mileage deduction. If he has accepted the terms of the insurance settlement, the truck now belongs to the insurance company even if it has not yet been picked up.

Last edited:

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck has factory HIDs his has Halogen. Pointless except his lens is a lot more clear then mine. Either way don’t think it would work
My bad. I thought his truck is the LTZ variant. If that is the case, your HL is better already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore