Torsion bar and upper control arm questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy hell your CV joints will be blown every 2 months

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when adjusting the torsion bars you dont need to jack it up? I have been meaning to crank mine about 1/2" lift

Some people like to take the weight off the springs while adjusting, but you dont HAVE to... as long as you have enough ass to turn the bolt, its gonna raise/lower the truck. I intentionally set mine high when I reinstalled the bars the right way, and im backing them off a little each day (not jacking it up) to get the height dialed in

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can break the bolts if you do not take the load off of the torsion bars. I have see guys snap the heads off of torsion keys adjuster bolt of not de loaded. Jack it up it is a safety thing.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing I've noticed is that jacking it up helps it settle right away when you jack it down

I didnt think those bolts were under enough stress to snap them, but either way, I'll be jacking mine up from here on out... I like all my digits to remain in one piece

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jacking it up is the best plan. Another thing that helps make things easier is a drop of oil on the tip of the adjuster bolt. Smooths out the whole process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stank hammer