Torque convertor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The torque converter that I quoted, I talked with them about this. They give different options for this unit were you can upgrade. This unit is running about 500.00 total. I also pull a boat and trailer, plus it's 4wd. I wanted to keep the stall about 1800.
I talked with trans builders and they say this trans. is bullet proof, The problem is the leaking valves. This messes up the torque converter. All claim the zip kit is the fix. Thanks for the information that you provided. Jerry

Pretty much what ive heard from multiple builders. TK performance though has set me up nicely with the build. I have far more than a zip kit in place now. But the PQ80 is the icing for me. I should be bullet proof and the trans should far outlast the vehicle for me. Glad you got answers and found what you need.

Jeramia

Reaction score
Tiredmechanic When you pulled your trans, Did you remove the entire exhaust system or un-bolt from the exhaust headers and cut the pipe under the trans? Thanks Jerry

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tiredmechanic When you pulled your trans, Did you remove the entire exhaust system or un-bolt from the exhaust headers and cut the pipe under the trans? Thanks Jerry

Sorry for the slow reply. Had severe storms come though and take out power for my county.

Anyways When I pulled the trans I just removed the Y pipe at the manifolds and at the clamp after the 3rd cat. I wiggled it out from under the vehicle and then pulled the trans. Its a bit of a hassle to get angled just right to drop out but itll come out.

Jeramia

Reaction score
Tiredmech. I have one more question, If you have a 4wd, did you pull the transfer case first or left it attached to the trans? thanks Jerry

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tiredmech. I have one more question, If you have a 4wd, did you pull the transfer case first or left it attached to the trans? thanks Jerry

I only have a 2wd. But with any GM I always drop the transfer case first as usually they do no clear for the trans to either push back far enough to drop out or they hang up on a cross member and wont let it drop out.

OP
OP
T

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. My converter arrived last week. Bought a transmission jack from Harbor freight for 99.00 So I'm just about ready to get started. Jerry

yours came in quick lol. If you are doing it on the ground you will likely want a extra set of hands to at least help mating it up. I just finished test driving mine. Its solid. Shifts great and temps are spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo

Latest posts