Torque Converter

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Obxhoops, Sep 15, 2018.

1. justinb181

justinb181 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Justin
    With this being a TSB shouldn't it have been covered by the dealer even if you are out of warranty?

2. dbbd1

dbbd1 Full Access Member

Name:
    dbbd1
    Not necessarily, unless it's a safety thing.

3. dapapa

dapapa TYF Newbie

Name:
    dapapa
    I have a 2015 YD with 75k. It developed the vibration. Dealer finally agreed it was the torque converter and did the replacement under warranty. Just drove to Canada and back and it ran great. It also decreased the transmission clunk in low speed downshifting by 75%

4. wu6fiend

wu6fiend Member

Name:
    Patrick
    I'm taking my 2016 Yukon Denali to the dealership, first chance I get. It feels like you are driving with the emergency brake on (it isn't), and is occasionally shifting hard. But at low speed, under light throttle, it shudders and shakes (just as described in the service bulletin). Compared to my previous Denali (2009), which was smooth as glass in all conditions, powertrain wise. I haven't really liked this 8 speed from day #1, and now have the documentation (the service bulletin) to show to the service advisor.

5. wu6fiend

wu6fiend Member

Name:
    Patrick
    I'm taking my 2016 Yukon Denali to the dealership, first chance I get. It feels like you are driving with the emergency brake on (it isn't), and is occasionally shifting hard. But at low speed, under light throttle, it shudders and shakes (just as described in the service bulletin). Compared to my previous Denali (2009), which was smooth as glass in all conditions, powertrain wise. I haven't really liked this 8 speed from day #1, and now have the documentation (the service bulletin) to show to the service advisor.