Torqstorm Single Charger Tuner Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if going cam and bolt on's and plan to add boost later, you'll need a retune once you add boost, regardless of type of blower you use. you need to drop the timing or it will blow up ya pretty fast. aka lots of knock retard, and then come the chipped pistons.

as far as cost of the parts, i could see another $1000 usd easy in injectors, ic and piping and fuel pump. injectors, a good name brand are not cheap. figure easy 5-600. you dont want any of that ebay china made junk.
As RM says, I will get the Autocal V3 with lifetime tuning on the vehicle, so the tuning won't be a problem.

But thanks on your vision on this. This are the thoughts I need, since you might can see via my topics I'm really searching for which way to go, and what is realistic for me to do now and in the future. Indeed what RM says, the tune alone will wake up the vehicle. And maybe I'll just go for bolt ons and make it a nice propper na tuned 5.3. You can really wake them up if you do it the right way. 400 hp is possible with the right bolt ons and cam.
Since you’re going with the Autocal doing a tune first will be easy plus you can get the efan turned on, then after the blower you can have another tune emailed. It takes minutes to install so in reality you can tune it as many times as needed. I have had mine tuned 4-5 times as I made changes. You’ll want one after the cam for sure. I would do the initial tune with the efan pin in the ECM enabled plus the trans tune will be included which by itself will make a huge change. Then if you do a cam before the blower, get one for that. Headers,CAI and such don’t need a tune by themselves but maybe install them same time as the cam so they’re included when you do that data log. Then when you do the blower of course you need a tune for that. Consult with BB along the way, they’ll answer questions but be aware it takes awhile like a week or more to get an answer so get your questions in order before emailing them.
Thanks for your input again.

Well indeed, lets see what the tune will do, the e-fan will also loosen horses and has to be done anyway for a blower. (If that will happen). And as said this will be plans for the upcoming years so just don't want to waist money on things that are not necessary.

I've already had contact with BBP and it was good a fast enough. But I've a lot on the list before I order it so, lets go to work more and talk less haha. Updates will come in my thread :)

Also need new rubber on my new rims because I ride illegal slicks atm haha. Have the MOT in April. And kinda want these wheels to be sandblasted and powdercoated so they are and stay nice :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, the more nights I dream, the more I tend to go the SC way with the Torqstorm Supercharger. I did more research on youtube and google, it's just a really great design and company, great finish on the products. Bolts right on. Yeah you don't get a intercooler, but that has to be custom anyway. Then a better fuelpump (I already had to do the gastank newpump thing), I mean, that's easy also. Then injectors. And TS can really help you with your wishes and which way to go then.

So, BBP tune will be the first ''tune'' upgrade. And then I will be sitting on my money first, deciding if I'm going to make ''The fastest 'Dutch' Tahoe''. Sounds nice :D:D:D

Yes I know I will need upgraded transmission and rear axle as well, but other kits don't provide that either ;) And if you want, you can put two of those blowers on. Ok Tonny, you HAVE to save up a lot of money this year!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, the more nights I dream, the more I tend to go the SC way with the Torqstorm Supercharger. I did more research on youtube and google, it's just a really great design and company, great finish on the products. Bolts right on. Yeah you don't get a intercooler, but that has to be custom anyway. Then a better fuelpump (I already had to do the gastank newpump thing), I mean, that's easy also. Then injectors. And TS can really help you with your wishes and which way to go then.

So, BBP tune will be the first ''tune'' upgrade. And then I will be sitting on my money first, deciding if I'm going to make ''The fastest 'Dutch' Tahoe''. Sounds nice :D:D:D

Yes I know I will need upgraded transmission and rear axle as well, but other kits don't provide that either ;) And if you want, you can put two of those blowers on. Ok Tonny, you HAVE to save up a lot of money this year!!
Awesome plans Tonny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e